The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

The value of team equity is so marked that they owners should be making offers just to take the glare away. Anyone holding a team for five years has earned a lot of equity. They need to be fair with revenue under these circumstances. Having both seems a bit greedy.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

So your better off playing the stock market than owning a baseball team.  How dumb does Manfred think we are?

If you cherry pick a few stocks I'll bet it's true. If you use any index it can't be close to true. Yeah, buying Bitcoin early was better than owning the Pirates. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Of course it isn’t true. People pick the wrong stock all the time. Some highly paid experts recs haven’t matched the overall market and you have to pay them. What exactly is the huge risk owning a baseball team? Who ever went belly up? There is always a couple of billion waiting for you when you can’t handle the pressure anymore. 

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I assumed they were replacing Milwaukee, and Milwaukee is a small market team.

I didn't really think of it as two individual swaps but two for two a big and small for two smalls. I didn't notice it they balance AL and NL, coasts and Midwest, etc. I think with JRs history getting him out may help negotiations to move along.

16 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I didn't really think of it as two individual swaps but two for two a big and small for two smalls. I didn't notice it they balance AL and NL, coasts and Midwest, etc. I think with JRs history getting him out may help negotiations to move along.

If you go to the offseason thread, there’s a graphic of salary over the past 10 years, and I believe Seattle was just ahead of the White Sox having spent more than them.