2022-23 NFL Season thread

bmags

57 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Eagles need a new OC and DC now

That’s gotta suck for Sirianni. Lose Super Bowl, and can’t even rest for a bit since you have to jump right to hiring and then get them up to speed for draft.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Because he's clearly the best OC candidate on the market, he just outreached the Eagles 2 days ago, and he's reportedly moving on from KC since no one will give him a head coach job yet.

Siriannis offense outgained and out scored bienamys offense.

6 hours ago, bmags said:

Bienemy's got the best nickname (Sleeping With the Bienemy), had to totally rebuild his receiving corps over the last couple of seasons, went through 3-4 different running backs before settling with 7th rounder Pacheco and was facing one of the best defenses in recent NFL memory.

Meanwhile, KC has a strong defensive line (Jones was ill), but are not exactly brimming with All-Pros across the linebacker group and secondary.

They do have a LOT of younger/athletic players with potential...but it's apples and oranges to compare the two.

See what happens if you give Mahomes AJ Brown and Davonta Smith, to go along with Kelce.  The NFL would be totally wrecked.

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Bienemy's got the best nickname (Sleeping With the Bienemy), had to totally rebuild his receiving corps over the last couple of seasons, went through 3-4 different running backs before settling with 7th rounder Pacheco and was facing one of the best defenses in recent NFL memory.

Meanwhile, KC has a strong defensive line (Jones was ill), but are not exactly brimming with All-Pros across the linebacker group and secondary.

They do have a LOT of younger/athletic players with potential...but it's apples and oranges to compare the two.

See what happens if you give Mahomes AJ Brown and Davonta Smith, to go along with Kelce.  The NFL would be totally wrecked.

What happens if you give Sirianni Mahomes instead of...the very different quarterback he rebuilt his offense around to the effect of becoming top 5 in the league, a super bowl appearance only to then say "actually we are just going to run KC's offense".

10 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Were they in the game Sunday?

It was Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer castoffs and missfit toys...

And KC won with them.  And Mahomes won with Hill, and he continues to win with one of the hardest to guard Tight ends in the entire game.  The point is, “what if KC had some better receivers” isn’t a point at all.  We have seen it.  They won then, and they won without them.  The NFL isn’t wrecked either way

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I was just looking at the Bears' opponents next year and man, there's a real shot at the playoffs if they do this offseason right.

Games against Cleveland, Vegas, Denver, Arizona, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina and New Orleans.

man, four maybe even five of those teams will be rocking new QBs next season.  Free agency is so crazy now 

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

very striking overlap of posters who never want Clevinger to pitch in MLB again and also want Eric Bienemy to be force fed a head coaching job.

Does Bieniemy have a domestic abuse case coming anywhere near Clevingers on his history? It’s not on his Wikipedia page so I don’t know where to look for that.

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Does Bieniemy have a domestic abuse case coming anywhere near Clevingers on his history? It’s not on his Wikipedia page so I don’t know where to look for that.

No but he made the most of the college experience per his legal issues tab 

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No but he made the most of the college experience per his legal issues tab 

While that’s true, what Clevinger is accused of seems at a much more severe level that anything in that list. Am I missing something?

We can also discuss whether 30 years of time is enough to let things slide. Maybe some things the answer is no, maybe some times it depends on them doing their time or penance. Clevinger’s was last year and it doesn’t seem like he’s had any consequences.

These don’t seem comparable to me unless there’s something not listed there. Daryl Boston would have been a better comparison, accused act was much more severe and totally unpunished.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

While that’s true, what Clevinger is accused of seems at a much more severe level that anything in that list. Am I missing something?

We can also discuss whether 30 years of time is enough to let things slide. Maybe some things the answer is no, maybe some times it depends on them doing their time or penance. Clevinger’s was last year and it doesn’t seem like he’s had any consequences.

These don’t seem comparable to me unless there’s something not listed there. Daryl Boston would have been a better comparison, accused act was much more severe and totally unpunished.

It was not meant to be a serious comparison, it’s not the same galaxy much less planet 

21 hours ago, bmags said:

So what? 

21 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Because he's clearly the best OC candidate on the market, he just outreached the Eagles 2 days ago, and he's reportedly moving on from KC since no one will give him a head coach job yet.

He should be a HC now but it would help him to go to a team where he could call plays. 

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

It was not meant to be a serious comparison, it’s not the same galaxy much less planet 

I'm gonna go with choking a female parking attendant and threatening her leading to a 1 year ban from campus as "in the same galaxy".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I'm gonna go with choking a female parking attendant and threatening her leading to a 1 year ban from campus as "in the same galaxy".

I actually didn’t see that, I read about the fight at the bar and the speeding but missed that.  You are right it definitely is same galaxy lol

As the residential Chiefs fan here, I was listening to a podcast a month or so ago and the KC beat reporter sort of hinted that Bieniemy doesn't interview well and has even been a bit combative during interviews. No idea what that actually means or if it's even true. The guy deserves a shot you'd think, but everyone assumes Andy Reid runs the show there. Unfortunately to me it seems Matt Nagy might've indirectly stalled Bieniemy's path to a head coach job because of his lack of success in Chicago. It might be best for Bieniemy to go to a defensive minded head coach so he's able to have much more control on the offense. I don't see him back in KC next year but definitely hope he has success. The man's a motivator and all the offensive players rave about him.

1 hour ago, WilliamTell said:

As the residential Chiefs fan here, I was listening to a podcast a month or so ago and the KC beat reporter sort of hinted that Bieniemy doesn't interview well and has even been a bit combative during interviews. No idea what that actually means or if it's even true. The guy deserves a shot you'd think, but everyone assumes Andy Reid runs the show there. Unfortunately to me it seems Matt Nagy might've indirectly stalled Bieniemy's path to a head coach job because of his lack of success in Chicago. It might be best for Bieniemy to go to a defensive minded head coach so he's able to have much more control on the offense. I don't see him back in KC next year but definitely hope he has success. The man's a motivator and all the offensive players rave about him.

I feel like AZ would be the spot.

• Like 1