Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I figured you'd catch on the $20 million suggestion pretty easily.

And anyway, Kimbrel is still not worth $16 million this year.

I feel like if he were a free agent, he'd get a 2 or 3 year deal, with a little less AAV. $16 mill for one year isn't too crazy me thinks.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Eloy's defense metrics have always been better than you'd expect. I don't think it's his bad defense that makes him unplayable out there, but rather the injury risk he causes for himself and anyone that comes in his vacinity because he's so clumsy out there.

His defensive metrics look across the board bad in 2019/2020. I just checked Fangraphs and over 2019-2020 they peg him as  the worst LF in baseball. His DRS and Statcast numbers those years were comparably bad, I just don't know how to sort multiple years on those pages. His metrics were terrible until 2021.

39 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They still need a SP so they can stick Keuchel in the pen.

I told everyone that was a bad signing, covid season notwithstanding.  

When do I get my award for correctly predicting that Keuchel would turn into a pumpkin last spring? 

Didn’t he get Cy Young votes the first year of the deal?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Didn’t he get Cy Young votes the first year of the deal?

He did but it was also a ridiculously soft 60-game schedule. Pretty sure the only good offensive team we faced was the Twins lol

Edit: he actually made 2 starts and did good against them lol

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He did but it was also a ridiculously soft 60-game schedule. Pretty sure the only good offensive team we faced was the Twins lol

Edit: he actually made 2 starts and did good against them lol

Oh totally agree, just saying it’s hard to pat yourself on the back for saying it was going to be horrible signing when one of his two years was good and he has one left.  That being said, I’m not optimistic and would love to add another impact starter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

They still need a SP so they can stick Keuchel in the pen.

I told everyone that was a bad signing, covid season notwithstanding.  

When do I get my award for correctly predicting that Keuchel would turn into a pumpkin last spring? 

I thought you predicted that there wouldn't be baseball until 2024

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 4

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just for discussion purposes:

Don't they need to move Kimbrel first for prospects so they can send those kids then to OAK? 

I thought one was kind of contingent on the other.

And RH needs to get Conforto done tonight. 4/80-85 and once Colas is ready you can move Conforto to LF and Eloy to DH.

• Like 1

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Don't they need to move Kimbrel first for prospects so they can send those kids then to OAK? 

I thought one was kind of contingent on the other.

And RH needs to get Conforto done tonight. 4/80-85 and once Colas is ready you can move Conforto to LF and Eloy to DH.

^^^^^