Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Don't they need to move Kimbrel first for prospects so they can send those kids then to OAK? 

I thought one was kind of contingent on the other.

And RH needs to get Conforto done tonight. 4/80-85 and once Colas is ready you can move Conforto to LF and Eloy to DH.

Regarding Kimbrel, I think that’s what Harold was suggesting.

Fully agree on Conforto.  That needs to be done with 48 hours or we riot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I thought you predicted that there wouldn't be baseball until 2024

touche. It was 2023 actually. 

I completely owe you for getting me reinstated. I'm going to a few games this year so maybe I'll buy you a brewski at the park. 

Where the hell has Ron been for a while? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Regarding Kimbrel, I think that’s what Harold was suggesting.

Fully agree on Conforto.  That needs to be done with 48 hours or we riot.

I feel that instead of actually making a 4 year commitment to Conforto they are going to on like a 1-2 year deal with Castellanos instead, they'll make excuses about how it doesn't matter that he's right handed and that having him and Eloy bookend the corners on defense is actually an "underappreciated" defensive combo. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Where are the damn transactions!? They gonna make us wait til tomorrow!?

I’m certain we’ll start seeing some stuff tonight.  I’m guessing most free agents take a day or two, but there have to be some trades coming soon.  Whether they involve the Sox who knows.

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I feel that instead of actually making a 4 year commitment to Conforto they are going to on like a 1-2 year deal with Castellanos instead, they'll make excuses about how it doesn't matter that he's right handed and that having him and Eloy bookend the corners on defense is actually an "underappreciated" defensive combo. 

Didn’t he just opt out or a remaining 3 year deal? Idk why he would take a 1-2 year deal.

Nevermind it was 2. Still no way he signs for one or two years.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah, definitely a little nervous about Castellanos.  Good player, but Conforto is such a better fit I don’t understand why they wouldn’t prioritize him.  For now, I believe logic will prevail and Conforto and will be on the south side soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Didn’t he just opt out or a remaining 3 year deal? Idk why he would take a 1-2 year deal.

I'd be beyond pissed if we gave him 3 years...or even 1-2. 

Just make get a damn LH savage that can actually play the OF. This isn't that hard. We have a monopoly on DH type RH bats already that have no glove value. I'm sick of this crap. 

If Conforto doesn't come, give Schwarber the 3/60 he was looking for and put him in LF. Bat him 4th behind Robert, Moncada and Eloy and profit. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I'd be beyond pissed if we gave him 3 years...or even 1-2. 

Just make get a damn LH savage that can actually play the OF. This isn't that hard. We have a monopoly on DH type RH bats already that have no glove value. I'm sick of this crap. 

If Conforto doesn't come, give Schwarber the 3/60 he was looking for and put him in LF. Bat him 4th behind Robert, Moncada and Eloy and profit. 

Who plays right field then? Vaughn?

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Who plays right field then? Vaughn?

Prolly have to find a cheaper FA or trade option and if that doesn't work, maybe Leury/Engel combo (not good I know). Vaughn and Schwarber at the corners doesn't work. 

Anyway a legit LHH savage is non negotiable. No more switch hitters that are avg or slightly above vs RHP. I want a legit righty killer. 

Please explain to me the universal love for Conforto. 

I just looked him up. He hit .232 with 14 homers last year. He’s a career .255 hitter. Are we so in need of a left-handed bat that we’re excited to get a crappy left-handed bat. 

I really don’t understand his appeal. Explain it to me.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, vilehoopster said:

I just looked him up. He hit .232 with 14 homers last year. He’s a career .255 hitter. Are we so in need of a left-handed bat that we’re excited to get a crappy left-handed bat. 

He's been very good for several years before that and even last year when he sucked he put up good numbers vs RHP. 

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Maybe look at his stats prior to last year.

5 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I am in your camp.  He isn't worth that big of a contract. If they spend that much, spend more and get Bryant. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I’m here to comfort you and say you shouldn’t worry about the Sox outlaying  the largest contract in team history to a LH hitter from the national league who has a .250 career BA, walks a bit, strikes out quite a bit and plays corner OF. 

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am in your camp.  He isn't worth that big of a contract. If they spend that much, spend more and get Bryant. 

Would love to see, but also one of those "prove it!" moves the Sox haven't distinguished themselves with more than a handful of times the last four decades.

Just now, Jerksticks said:

I’m here to comfort you and say you shouldn’t worry about the Sox outlaying  the largest contract in team history to a LH hitter from the national league who has a .250 career BA, walks a bit, strikes out quite a bit and plays corner OF. 

KW still has Dunn nightmares, for Hahn it's LaRoche and Alonso.