Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

21 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/03/bryan-reynolds-rumors-turned-down-extension-pirates.html
White Sox name mentioned in connection with the highly-coveted Reynolds.

Trade cost would likely be prohibitive…but, then again, Pirates have made some head scratchers.

Worth mentioning that it says Sox are expected to look for outfield help. Nothing about them actually pursuing Reynolds.

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why are clubs disclosing their medical reviews of Rodon to the media exactly?  What benefit does that provide?  I mean it couldn’t be anymore obvious that it’s a Boras leak and using the Mets is just the cherry on the sundae.

Probably so but the contract Rodon gets will tell us one way or another what teams think of his meds, his medical history and how confident they are that his mechanics are much improved based on his work with Katz.

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Worth mentioning that it says Sox are expected to look for outfield help. Nothing about them actually pursuing Reynolds.

I wonder if Vaughn & Crochet would lock that up.  Reynalds is the level of player that would really help. 

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

In what world?

I don't think the Sox should be pushing their trade chips in for RF. Between the available free agents and Colas possibly only being a year away, I think they should spend those trade chips elsewhere and fix RF with money. 

Marte brings elite offense at 2B. I can live with a temporary fix in RF until Colas is ready if they had Marte at 2B. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think the Sox should be pushing their trade chips in for RF. Between the available free agents and Colas possibly only being a year away, I think they should spend those trade chips elsewhere and fix RF with money. 

Marte brings elite offense at 2B. I can live with a temporary fix in RF until Colas is ready if they had Marte at 2B. 

There should be absolutely zero reliance on Oscar Colas for anything. No guy who hasn't played baseball in a year and a half should be counted as being "a year away." Marte is more of an OF'er than an IF'er at this point, I think he likely adds more value in the OF. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

oh good.  two garbage teams.

Marlins pitching is sneaky sneaky good. I don't really buy their willingness to spend though; given that Jeter quit over like 10 million dollars in budgetary difference.

I think the Marlins are a big time sleeper in the East. I love their young staff. And they've got the best pitching prospect in the game, imo, ready to go this year when called upon.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

57 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why are clubs disclosing their medical reviews of Rodon to the media exactly?  What benefit does that provide?  I mean it couldn’t be anymore obvious that it’s a Boras leak and using the Mets is just the cherry on the sundae.

They aren't.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There should be absolutely zero reliance on Oscar Colas for anything. No guy who hasn't played baseball in a year and a half should be counted as being "a year away." Marte is more of an OF'er than an IF'er at this point, I think he likely adds more value in the OF. 

If Marte isn't an option at 2B, then by all means go for Reynolds.