Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Really young teams rarely win right away.  They ran into a hot pitcher and the Astros are a bad match for the Sox pitching staff (power staff against the best fast ball hitting team in the leauge).  Still to draw wild conclusions on 4 games?    To say they are worse is just being dark.  

I’ve been pretty optimistic this offseason but the true difference maker last year was Rodon being an ace.  Once he lost that ability, the team’s playoff chances diminished greatly.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

OMG...so no one here sees internal growth with:

Name                      Age
Garrett Crochet    22
Andrew Vaughn    23
Luis Robert            23
Eloy Jimenez          24
Nick Madrigal        24
Romy Gonzalez    24
Gavin Sheets        25
Dylan Cease         25
Michael Kopech   25
Yoan Moncada    26

No one has a core of 26 and younger guys that are as good as this group.  And we have no bad contracts on the books.  And right now we have a top five payroll...we will b**** about everything. 

very important piece of this year!

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

When has it ever not been the Sox MO to plug holes with cheap one year deals for middling players coming off a decent season that may or may not repeat it? 

We’ve signed three multi-year contracts this offseason, they just so happen to be for a utility guy and two relievers that make $22M combined.  With any semblance of a farm system, that money right there covers 2 1/2 years of Conforto.  That’s the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Really young teams rarely win right away.  They ran into a hot pitcher and the Astros are a bad match for the Sox pitching staff (power staff against the best fast ball hitting team in the leauge).  Still to draw wild conclusions on 4 games?    To say they are worse is just being dark.  

Maybe that’s the reason the board is wanting an established veteran star (I am using that term loosely) to be signed to get them over the hump?

And how many more chances you’re going to get? You only have this core for 2 more years.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

How pissed would people be if the Sox signed Joc? He was  basically the Soxtaljk Conforto the last couple of years.

I've been expecting it this whole time. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, fathom said:

Crap, that’s a fantastic addition for Seattle

Yeah I love Winker LH bat but only this yr and next before FA and a woeful fielder . Lets see what they gave up. Youth I would assume. Kelenic ?

Edit: Obviously I was a tad behind in my reading before I posted this and have since caught up. A steal of a deal and I agree with how embarrassing the Reds are.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

And a better year than anyone not named Bryce Harper or Juan Soto against righties.

OK. Vaughn can take the AB's vs the lefties.  Bad defense and can't hit lefties. No Thanks.

Edited by Saufley