Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You honestly believe that Gavin Sheets is a proven DH on a WS contender?

Like having Gavin Sheets makes you say... I don't want Kyle Schwarber instead? THat's crazy imo.

Eloy Jimenez is the teams starting LF'er. 

I've made my position on Sheets no secret.  He should be a depth piece.  Vaughn primariy LF, with Eloy sprinkled in.  Eloy primary DH.  Sign Conforto to play RF.  Sheets is depth.  Not complicated.  Conforto is a much much much much better fit than Schwarber who we could just add to the pile of guys who are best suited to DH. 

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also talking like 100 million more guaranteed over their contract for the bottom group. 

Exactly.  Conveniently ignored while he cherry picks signings with no context.  Silly analysis. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I've made my position on Sheets no secret.  He should be a depth piece.  Vaughn primariy LF, with Eloy sprinkled in.  Eloy primary DH.  Sign Conforto to play RF.  Sheets is depth.  Not complicated.  Conforto is a much much much much better fit than Schwarber who we could just add to the pile of guys who are best suited to DH. 

But you just said the Sox have a DH and then named Sheets and the Sox starting LF lol.

So it sounds like, to me, the SOx don't have a DH?

17 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Sox spent:

Velasquez - 3 million
Leury - 5.5 million
Harrison - 5.5 million
Kimbrel - 16 million
Kelly - 8.5 million
Graveman - 8 million

Total = 46.5 million

Sox could have spent:

Escobar - 10 million
Chris Martin - 2.5 million
Conforto - 22 million
Knebel - 10 million
Brad Miller - guessing 2.5-3 million

Total - 47-48 million

its almost like the FO is doing this just to see the reaction of Soxtalk, my god this is such a troll job

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Oof, so that sets the Conforto market out of our range then.

Joc and Rosario, come on down.

$4/80 always felt fair to me, maybe slightly higher with a 5th year option and opt outs.  Whether the FO wants to pay that is another story.  Schwarber getting close to 4/$80 maybe helps set the market for Conforto & Castellanos?  IDK. 

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Exactly.  Conveniently ignored while he cherry picks signings with no context.  Silly analysis. 

Silly analysis? The Sox spend money like this every off-season. The only one that really impacts the guaranteed money is Conforto too, so really not that silly.

Leury/Harrison are both getting about the same amount of guaranteed dollars as Escobar/Miller. 21.5 million to 23 million.
Chris Martin/Knebel are getting less guaranteed than Joe Kelly and Graveman - by a lot to, 41 million to 12.5 million.

Kimbrel/Velasquez obviously getting less guaranteed than Conforto who we'll estimate around 85/90 million - so 19 million vs 90 million

Total in guarantees: 81.5 million vs 124 million. Give or a take a few for Brad Miller and Conforto.

Hardly a 100 million dollar difference and they fill the RF hole.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

$4/80 always felt fair to me, maybe slightly higher with a 5th year option and opt outs.  Whether the FO wants to pay that is another story.  Schwarber getting close to 4/$80 maybe helps set the market for Conforto & Castellanos?  IDK. 

I am pretty sure 4/$80-85M would be the offer we gave Conforto. If Schwarber got this deal, I think Conforto would get 5 years and more dollars

• Like 1

This could be really fun.  Sounds like a good chunk of BOS and NYY aren't vaccinated.  Going to be a really interesting advantage for Toronto to get to play a ton of teams at home with those teams not only on the road, but short handed.  They might be a sneaky pick to bet on this year.

• Like 1