Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

9 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Is Sheets for Manaea a fair deal?

One year of Lynn costed us Dunning and Weems. Now Lynn was more valuable than Manaea, and same could be said about Dunning compared to Sheets. So is Manaea for Sheet plus very low level prospect enough? Unfortunately competition seems very heavy at this point.

Dunning was far more valuable than Sheets at the time of trade.

• Fire 1

Just now, Pal said:

Sox arent budging on Confortos ask. 2 of their backup options disappeared this morning. Got a bad feeling its trending toward the platoon or Joc in right. Hopefully wrong.

Appreciate the info. If the Sox have a hard and fast number for Conforto, they won't get him. Boras doesn't capitulate. 

We should just move onto Joc for a year and hope Colas is ready in 23. I really don't want a clown show of 1B playing RF next year. It sucks but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, Pal said:

4 yrs was the ask. Rosario and to a much lesser real extent, Schwarber. Def not Suzuki.

Huh.  Thanks.

I'd take Schwarber over Sheets, but he's hardly a RF.  And if Conforto wants 4 years and the Sox won't go there, that's awfully disappointing.

1 minute ago, Pal said:

4 yrs was the ask. Rosario and to a much lesser real extent, Schwarber. Def not Suzuki.

4 for something like 88 (I don't know what their AAV ask is) is definitely reasonable if there are no one sided opt outs. WTF is their problem? Do they think Michael Conforto is not going to get a 4 yr deal from someone?

If they won't offer him a 4 yr deal, he's gone. He's absolutely 10000 percent gone. He will get that from someone for sure maybe even 5 years. 

They'll give relievers 3 years but a savage LH OF bat won't get 4? 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

4 years for Conforto seems like an acceptable ask, I don't get it....

They probably have to move Kimbrel first. 

They're not going to risk going into the tax by getting stuck with Kimbrel. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Seems like no one is going to 4 years with Conforto, otherwise he'd have signed elsewhere already. 4/80 <-> 4/100 seems like a fine place to settle, though. I also don't get that, unless he has serious injury or productivity falloff concerns. He'd be 32 at the end of that deal, so age shouldn't be a concern.