Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

25 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Expecting the first Sox transaction to be Leury related, maybe a lifetime extension to bridge off of the one from before the lockout

Or for Kimbrel, since the front office and owner usually has to double down on being right.

At least they admitted failure with Cesar Hernandez early in the process.  There's that.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but Sheets being involved in a trade for one of the Oakland SP's would make a lot of sense.

He's a viable, cheap alternative since it seems like a given they'll deal Olson.

Trade him before they realise he sucks at 1B. 

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but Sheets being involved in a trade for one of the Oakland SP's would make a lot of sense.

He's a viable, cheap alternative since it seems like a given they'll deal Olson.

I think Sheets is gonna be a beast.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

With Eloy, you're 75% worried about him injuring Moncada, Anderson and especially Robert.  We only have a replacement for one of those positions...because you can't count on Leury to have a repeat season.

I missed these 100% obviously and completely rational Caufield posts.

Who do people prefer for RF?  Stats are from 2017 to 2021.

• Player A: 2,438 PA | 128 wRC+ | .364 OBP | 111 HRs | +0.1 OAA/100 in RF | 138 wRC+ vs RHP
  • Player B: 2,489 PA | 130 wRC+ | .376 OBP | 102 HRs | -1.4 OAA/100 in RF | 121 wRC+ vs RHP
  • Player C: 2,834 PA | 123 wRC+ | .339 OBP | 124 HRs | -0.7 OAA/100 in RF | 114 wRC+ vs RHP
Edited by Chicago White Sox

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think his offensive ceiling is very high and he's an ideal fit for this lineup. But ultimately you can only have so many 1B/DH/corner OF types on one roster.

I understand. It just...sucks when you don't have a spot for a man like that. If only he could reliably play right field or even second base. Good problem to have?

He could theoretically be the DH but then idk what you do with Vaughn. Dude needs regular ab's.

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who do people prefer?  Stats are from 2017 to 2021.

• Player A: 2,438 PA | 128 wRC+ | .364 OBP | 111 HRs | +0.1 OAA/100 in RF | 148 wRC+ vs RHP
  • Player B: 2,489 PA | 130 wRC+ | .376 OBP | 102 HRs | -1.4 OAA/100 in RF | 121 wRC+ vs RHP

A

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I’d put more faith it their development than it happening here. 

Semien taking such a massive leap defensively after leaving was a brutal look for the organization. Ron Washington made it sound like he retaught him how to play defense.

But I think the Sox have progressed a lot from that point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

• Player A: 2,438 PA | 128 wRC+ | .364 OBP | 111 HRs | +0.1 OAA/100 in RF | 148 wRC+ vs RHP

I'm assuming one of then is Conforto. I wonder who the other one is. To answer your question, probably A.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

• Player A: 2,438 PA | 128 wRC+ | .364 OBP | 111 HRs | +0.1 OAA/100 in RF | 138 wRC+ vs RHP

That's not Conforto and Castellanos is it? The only problem is, they are trending in different directions lately.

17 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think this is right on the money, assuming there isn't some sort of possible prospect swap with a Kimbrel return and/or Tony doesn't want him moved. 

6 minutes ago, Sarava said:

That's not Conforto and Castellanos is it? The only problem is, they are trending in different directions lately.

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Player A has to be Conforto, but I don't think B is Castellanos.

Added a Player C as well.  All three are free agent options for RF.