Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Carlos Rodon: 

Has topped 150 innings once, all the way back in 2016 

Those are the innings each season following. 

You guys are out of your minds if you're OK with handing out $18.4 million for that. 

Carlos Rodon's fangraphs-calculated value in 132 innings in 2021: $39.1 million. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Rockies are weird, that's for sure. Great news for me, and good for Bryant for getting paid. Crazy that he ended up ONLY getting 182 million when a couple years ago he was a guaranteed 300 million guy.

And my immediate reaction being wow that's an awful lot

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

And my immediate reaction being wow that's an awful lot

Yeah, I think Colorado benefits from two things:

1. His numbers from a counting standpoint should be really good if he stays healthy there. He could have some monster seasons.
2. There is some actual upside to this deal potentially. I think there's obviously a lot of health risk and downside there, but if he can somehow reclaim his form or even 90% of it, he could be a great player on a terrible team.... and outperform the contracts value.

which is the weird part.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I think Colorado benefits from two things:

1. His numbers from a counting standpoint should be really good if he stays healthy there. He could have some monster seasons.
2. There is some actual upside to this deal potentially. I think there's obviously a lot of health risk and downside there, but if he can somehow reclaim his form or even 90% of it, he could be a great player on a terrible team.... and outperform the contracts value.

which is the weird part.

I wonder if Kris is thinking more about his legacy as well as his wallet. He's got an MVP, ROY, multiple all stars and a WS ring under his belt. He puts up some monster numbers in the next few years there, he is likely a hall of famer.

1 hour ago, asherwood12 said:

So, I have always stood by Hahn and I know he has some financial restraints put upon him, however I am starting to lose faith.  Over his tenure as GM when we were the aggressor via trades they have been flat out awful.. Samardjiza, Kimbrel, Cesar, Shields, all come to mind.  He has traded away players names Tatis Jr, Semien, Bassitt, Montas, Escobar.  Other than Yaz and Hendriks I'd say our FA signings have been very poor.  He did a heck of a job with the rebuild, however our Championship window is open and our signings to improve the club have consisted of an aging 2B, a utility player, a currently hurt reliever, and a pitcher who should be in AAA.  As of now the plan looks to platoon 2 1st basemen in RF, our SP depth and star power is very shaky and we have star players who constintly get hurt (I know that's out of his control).  I understand there is still some time to adjust the roster and for the better, but I am concerned.  I understand our current payroll being the highest it's ever been, but that's a lot of Hahn's doing with very poor signings. 

I dont want to make excuses for RH but I suspect it's also important to keep in mind that he's gotten his wings clipped. I think awhile back Harold alluded to something that happened. And after that we see JR overruling him on TLR and then TLR being the main guy now he listens to.

So RH has to deal with internal budgets set by JR and also he knows a piece of the pie needs to be set aside for TLRs reliever fetish, so that creates an additional strain on the available resources to address needs. 

He has made some dumb choices to be sure and everyone hates the condescending lawyer talk and seat at the table BS but when he was planning out the contention stage, and how the financial flexibility would be used I doubt he planned on having to deal with a rival power source (besides KW) thwarting his plans and JR siding with that rival. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure seems like Conforto and Castellanos sign in the next 24-48 hours. Wouldn’t be surprised if Padres get one, Boston gets the other.

And both might get over $100 million if this Bryant deal is any indication of what the market is. 

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

I wonder if Kris is thinking more about his legacy as well as his wallet. He's got an MVP, ROY, multiple all stars and a WS ring under his belt. He puts up some monster numbers in the next few years there, he is likely a hall of famer.

And taking the most money on behalf of the players...

Just now, iWiN4PreP said:

Wow i cant be mad for not getting bryant… rockies are such a dumb franchise.. terrible contract

They finally get rid of one big contract in Arenado...only to give that money to another big contract 2 years later.