Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Doubt it’s for a player, isn’t all the Whitesox staff in Arizona? 

They test those things repeatedly before the season, and they wouldn’t have started prepping until the CBA was signed last week.

30 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

If they really are “out” of money, why the bloody hell did they pick up an unnecessary $16M option for a pitcher they knew they didn’t want to keep?

We are terrible at reading markets. We assumed we could unload him. 

Reinsdorf is 86 years old what the hell is he waiting for. I know there are other owners, but things are never going to change until we have new ownership. Sad our window is here and sitting on the sidelines just putting band aids on the roster. 

Edited by PolishPrince34

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Hopefully this is a good sign because if it is a player, there aren't many good enough to do this for.

I walked by the park this afternoon and there did seem to be a lot of activity outside.  But it could just be normal pre-season stadium prep work and not indicative of anything else.   

3 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Reinsdorf is 90 years old what the hell is he waiting for. I know there are other owners, but things are never going to change until we have new ownership. Sad our window is here and sitting on the sidelines just putting band aids on the roster. 

According to the twitter accounts familiar with the finances, the board sets the payroll and Jerry can’t raise the payroll on his own.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

What, exactly, right fielder, is cheap, and in their last year, before, free agency?  Those things, generally, are not consistent, with, one another. 

Tyler Naquin is going to be a free agent next year and is scheduled to make $1.45 Million this season. I posted the suggestion, earlier. I have no idea what the Reds would ask, in return. However, it probably wouldn't be that much, given it's only a 1 year rental. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KBX said:

Have the Sox ever turned on the lights for a free agent signing? Has anybody?

The Robert courting?...Harper and Machado, would have been the closest.  Wheeler? 

Tanaka was the only other really massive fish we were pursuing in the last decade since Dunn.

59 minutes ago, fathom said:

According to the twitter accounts familiar with the finances, the board sets the payroll and Jerry can’t raise the payroll on his own.

Yes those twitter accounts appear to be credible. Probably the reason why they don’t play in the top free agent market because they have a budget every year.

So basically, the ownership team is a partnership. Jerry can’t just pump money into the organization because it would dilute the other shareholders shares.

Edited by maloney.adam

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That is dirt cheap. 

Like literally Harrisons money. 

I know he has his flaws but for real if you aren't going to make a serious offer for any of the legit LH savages on the market, you should at least have a decent contingency plan.

They've got nothing new against RHP.

Not Miller, not Joc, not Rosario, not even Tony friggin Kemp.

They are up shit creek without a paddle.

We’re going to sprinkle Leury “Savage” Garcia in everywhere against RHP and that should be sufficient.

• Fire 1

Just now, maloney.adam said:

Yes those twitter accounts appear to be credible. Probably the reason why they don’t play in the top free agent market.

So basically, this the ownership team is a partnership. Jerry can’t just pump money into the organization because it would dilute the other shareholders shares. 

Yep so this is more of a Hahn issue instead of a Jerry issue. 

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep so this is more of a Hahn issue instead of a Jerry issue. 

Yes Hahn needs to change his approach and if he doesn’t than fire him and find someone who will be conservative on spending money on utility players and the bullpen so they can afford some players at the top of the market. I doubt that happens though. Long term, it would be Jerry selling the team and the new owner restructuring everything. 

It now comes down to if Kimbrel is traded to free up some cash. And hopefully before any of the remaining free agents sign.

Edited by maloney.adam