Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Sure if the Sox had their revenue.  

No one is expecting the Sox to spend like drunken sailors on FA.  We all know better.  But simply refusing to address the longstanding holes on the roster is a choice.  

Edited by Tnetennba

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Meanwhile the Sox FO is content with a bad platoon of 1B in RF and a bunch of meh at 2nd.  

Oh man looks like they don't really have a use for Gavin Lux anymore and they shouldn't commit long term money to a closer.

• Like 3

"In some order, it’s going to be Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman, Trea Turner, Will Smith, Max Muncy, Cody Bellinger, Justin Turner, Chris Taylor and A.J. Pollock."
----------
That order doesn't have Gavin Lux in it.
Dodgers could use a Closer too.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Do you think Burger gets Manea? (Even with Adolfo added)?

I believe Burger + Thompson/Dalquist + Adolfo should get you Manaea.  That might feel like a lot to give up, but Burger is blocked by Moncada, Sheets, & Vaughn, Adolfo is as good as gone anyways, and Thompson/Dalquist just wild cards.  I don’t like overpaying for rentals, but we’ve got to maximize the next three years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I believe Burger + Thompson/Dalquist + Adolfo should get you Manaea.  That might feel like a lot to give up, but Burger is blocked by Moncada, Sheets, & Vaughn, Adolfo is as good as gone anyways, and Thompson/Dalquist just wild cards.  I don’t like overpaying for rentals, but we’ve got to maximize the next three years.

They will undoubtedly ask for Vera and Ramos or Rodriguez as the two pieces accompanying Burger.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’m not even that excited for the season anymore. The Sox aren’t on the same level as the top tier teams and this was supposed to be the year where they were on that level. Feel like we sat through all those rebuilding years just to get knocked out in the ALDS year after year.

See Twins fans from 2001-2020...but particularly the last decade.  At least they have a nice new stadium to show for it.

57 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

If you think about it we really only have 3 proven starters on the team. Giolito, Lynn and Keuchel even though he was bad last year. Cease is almost there but not quite yet and Kopech is unproven. 

Going into 93, you just had McDowell and Fernandez. Alvarez wasn't proven and Bere was a rookie. But they all had good years so it worked out, but they didn't have enough talent to get past Toronto. It's always been like this. I can see why it's somewhat bewildering that they're actually spending but still afear'd of really going for it and acting like they really want to win. It's as if they're addicted to secondplaceness. 

24 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

No one is expecting the Sox to spend like drunken sailors on FA.  We all know better.  But simply refusing to address the longstanding holes on the roster is a choice.  

To get that lineup they would need to.

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’m not even that excited for the season anymore. The Sox aren’t on the same level as the top tier teams and this was supposed to be the year where they were on that level. Feel like we sat through all those rebuilding years just to get knocked out in the ALDS year after year.

It’s just frustrating how much of a ripple effect the Kimbrel trade has had.  Awful performance by him last year and now 21 million they can’t spend this year.

Edited by fathom
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, fathom said:

Numerous people on twitter who seem to have ties to JR keep saying they’re out of money, FYI

I’ll just say everything I have heard tell me this front office is trash and has no clue what the real world dynamics are like. They are in make believe land and completely failed consistently throughout the off-season. The team is still really good - but that doesn’t mean the process and front office get any grace from me. They have sucked period going back the past 12 months (basically post Lynn trade). 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

So Sox are still a really good team - but this front office is still trash too. Period - end of story. 

We spend our money and assets on pitching because our front office can't bring in FA or proven position players. They are hoping big time the pitching can carry them over the hump. We have some really good pitching so it could, although not likely. 

6 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I just got roasted for saying that. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I’ll just say everything I have heard tell me this front office is trash and has no clue what the real world dynamics are like. They are in make believe land and completely failed consistently throughout the off-season. The team is still really good - but that doesn’t mean the process and front office get any grace from me. They have sucked period going back the past 12 months (basically post Lynn trade). 

Don’t forget they made one of the best free agent signings by any team last offseason. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I just got roasted for saying that. 

I'm a lot more excited about the NCAA Tourney.

I really think I will eventually change my mind at some point on MLB.TV, but it's going to take a couple of months if Kimbrel is STILL on?the active roster.  Or Kimbrel actually pitching like he was supposed to last season.