Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

1 minute ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Not extending the QO seems even dumber now

Although his market may have been a little less with the QO, still gotta figure he gets 2 years 36ish million even with a QO. 

I remember many here saying "Hahn and the Sox no more about the market than you!" 

Giving this FO the benefit of the doubt is never a good idea.

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox wanted him for 2/$44M, they would have given him 1/$18M. 

it's honestly laughable that they didn't want him back for 1/18. Said it then and say it again. This team isn't willing to do what it takes to play with the big boys and their understanding of MLB players values is still piss poor.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sheets and Vaughn are terrible in the OF because they can't move/cover ground. Manny Ramirez never had that issue. 

If Vaughn and Sheets are on the team they need to play someplace.  Everyone can't be the DH.  Vaughn/Sheets/Eloy will probably rotate through left, 1st, and DH while Vaugn and Sheets get some RF work.  As others have said, if Vaughn is used in a big trade, then a right fielder is probably a sure thing.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This isn't November though.  Spring training is days away.

True. But I don't think as much the date as it is a strategy to wait out the market. It will depend on how quickly others sign. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the Sox wanted him for 2/$44M, they would have given him 1/$18M. 

Obviously.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Cause they didn’t want him back?

Yeah, that's the logical answer.  I guess they really were just done with him after last year.  Best of luck Los☹️.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Although his market may have been a little less with the QO, still gotta figure he gets 2 years 36ish million even with a QO. 

I remember many here saying "Hahn and the Sox no more about the market than you!" 

Giving this FO the benefit of the doubt is never a good idea.

I thought it was, The FO know more about Rodon than you.

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

it's honestly laughable that they didn't want him back for 1/18. Said it then and say it again. This team isn't willing to do what it takes to play with the big boys and their understanding of MLB players values is still piss poor.

That's my feeling right now too.  Give me his FA/trade replacement and my opinion probably changes.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Obviously.  

Yeah, that's the logical answer.  I guess they really were just done with him after last year.  Best of luck Los☹️.

Shrug.  You asked why he isn't here for that price.  The answer was obvious.