Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

8 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

1) Kimbrel was a fucking disaster. Terrible trade at the time. Unbelievably bad outcome made worse by offerring the QO.

2) Rodon decision this offseason was BAD.

3) Trading assets for Bassit/Manea would be BAD. Somehow getting Frankie Montas would be insanely good (likely not realistic).

4) Not signing one of the elite bats would be BAD and is expected.

per typical white sox fashion to have a shitshow for an offseason/deadline. FO has a long history now of making bad decisions.

We will see what happens in the next 1-2 weeks here.. but im expecting a shit show.

Drugs are bad, m'kay. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Man, a Cano/McNeil deal would be interesting as it would solve LH batter issue we have and potentially RF and 2B, for nothing but money, if Cano had anything left and we prioritized a trade for a difference maker SP.. He really hasn't had a down year in his career apart from 2019, but who knows if he can still move lol

Cano is 39 years old and hurts his back in November playing winter ball.  McNeil is a very good name to work with but I wouldn't want to be tied to Cano.

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If Freeman does go to the Dodgers, does this make Lux more avaialble since Muncy can move over to 2B?

I want my Kimbrel for Lux deal that I razz my Dodger buddies about all the time.  

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Cano is 39 years old and hurts his back in November playing winter ball.  McNeil is a very good name to work with but I wouldn't want to be tied to Cano.

I could almost understand if he wasn't owed $24 million next year as well.  

Cano is owed a boatload but I suppose you could look at it as a Robert-like ($50M ish w/penalties) player acquisition fee. Of course Cano is not Robert so we'd need at least one controllable, high-value, close to sure thing youngster (Matt Allen, Brett Baty?) in addition for solving for 2B (McNeil) and backup C (Nido). Sox get McNeil, Nido, Allen and Cano (plus maybe another prospect or cash) and Mets get Keuchel, Collins and filler. Probably too much to digest but there is a framework there for the bold. 

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

So you probably have the same source. Didn't the fraud suggest the Sox already had a trade set up for an Oakland pitcher several days ago?

Not sure, but the Sox seeking an A’s trade seems like a poorly kept secret 

37 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I want my Kimbrel for Lux deal that I razz my Dodger buddies about all the time.  

I think the Dodgers  would like to bring home former Cal star Andre Vaughn. Including him in a trade along with Kimbrel  (and possibly Keuchel )  might be enough to net you Lux and Bellinger, both of whom fell out of favor during certain points last season with the Dodgers.

Edited by tray