Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

This team just hates left handed savages. 

It's mystifying and bizarre. 

There's always excuses as to why we can't get one. 

First It's we don't need one. And then when we get exposed it's suddenly a priority. And then when we still can't get one there's excuse making like the prices are too high right now or whatever. 

Yeah, I think we really need Colas to develop and later on, Montgomery and Kath, otherwise we can forget about a LH savage. 

Hopefully Sheets keeps hitting RHP well as DH.

Honestly, it feels like we haven’t had a true left-handed savage since Thome, which is a dozen plus years ago.  At least between Colas, Montgomery, & Kath they are finally trying to develop one or two of them.  But those three aren’t helping us this year.

5 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah that's a terrible sign that they are panicking and going to give up a big asset.

Just spend some fucking money you clowns. 

He said the untouchable comment because Babe Ruth got traded once.  I don’t think they’re willing to trade Vaughn.

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

All day every day.

If Rodon can throw maybe 100 good innings for $22M then Wilber Wood 1972 would be worth about $77 M in today's market. 

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Honestly, it feels like we haven’t had a true left-handed savage since Thome, which is a dozen plus years ago.  At least between Colas, Montgomery, & Kath they are finally trying to develop one or two of them.  But those three aren’t helping us this year.

The Thome comment made me curious, so I checked. Since 2006 (minimum 250 PAs), the 3 best offensive seasons (wRC+) by a White Sox non-Thome left-handed hitter are held by... Omar Narvaez, Adam Eaton, and AJ Pierzynski

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

This team just hates left handed savages. 

It's mystifying and bizarre. 

There's always excuses as to why we can't get one. 

First It's we don't need one. And then when we get exposed it's suddenly a priority. And then when we still can't get one there's excuse making like the prices are too high right now or whatever. 

Yeah, I think we really need Colas to develop and later on, Montgomery and Kath, otherwise we can forget about a LH savage. 

Hopefully Sheets keeps hitting RHP well as DH.

Lillian will be distraught.

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The Thome comment made me curious, so I checked. Since 2006 (minimum 250 PAs), the 3 best offensive seasons (wRC+) by a White Sox non-Thome left-handed hitter are held by... Omar Narvaez, Adam Eaton, and AJ Pierzynski

The number of different factoids you can come up with like this about black holes on the Sox roster over the last 15 years is crazy.

The best season by fWAR for a White Sox 2b since '06 is..... 2017 Yolmer Sanchez. Worth 2.2 WAR. Moncada in '``18 is the only other guy above 2 wins.

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Wow…that’s pretty wild

That seems like a perfectly valid reason not to add a LH hitter.

The dreaded White Sox jinx at 2B, RF, DH, especially since 2011. 

Because if we do acquire players for these slots, they suddenly won't look like the numbers on the back of their baseball card anymore.

Seems about as logical as our team-building approach in the last calendar year.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

That seems like a perfectly valid reason not to add a LH hitter.

The dreaded White Sox jinx at 2B, RF, DH, especially since 2011. 

Because if we do acquire players for these slots, they suddenly won't look like the numbers on the back of their baseball card anymore.

Seems about as logical as our team-building approach in the last calendar year.

2 decades long problems could have been solved just by keeping Madrigal and signing 1 actual corner outfielder this off-season

11 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

2 decades long problems could have been solved just by keeping Madrigal and signing 1 actual corner outfielder this off-season

It would have been simple enough to sign Suzuki, even.

(But no, we'd block Colas and Cespedes!!!)

But at least you'd finally have some minor league depth that would allow you NOT to trade off the MLB roster at the TDL, opening up more holes on the roster.

We tried to strengthen a gap in the levee, but three additional holes were sprung as a result.  It's like those old black & whites of the Three Stooges bailing water out of a sinking boat.

(I remember thinking all the way back in 2017 that we had too many utility infielders, as back then it was Lawrie, Leury, Saladino and Yolmer.  Seems we haven't made significant progress since then, other than handing Leury a lifetime contract.  Bring back one-year wonder Brent Lillibridge!!!)

Edited by caulfield12

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It would have been simple enough to sign Suzuki, even.

(But no, we'd block Colas and Cespedes!!!)

But at least you'd finally have some minor league depth that would allow you NOT to trade off the MLB roster at the TDL, opening up more holes on the roster.

We tried to strengthen a gap in the levee, but three additional holes were sprung as a result.  It's like those old black & whites of the Three Stooges bailing water out of a sinking boat.

(I remember thinking all the way back in 2017 that we had too many utility infielders, as back then it was Lawrie, Leury, Saladino and Yolmer.  Seems we haven't made significant progress since then, other than handing Leury a lifetime contract.  Bring back one-year wonder Brent Lillibridge!!!)

If I remember it right The Stooges did it the way FO office did it. They drilled holes in the boat to let the water out ?

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Lmao. Ok Boomer.

Not saying Boras/Rosenthal aren't posturing. But what do they have to gain from "planting" this story? The clubs involved with Conforto would know if this is true or not.

Just trying to figure out the angle for Boras to make this up.

7 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Not saying Boras/Rosenthal aren't posturing. But what do they have to gain from "planting" this story? The clubs involved with Conforto would know if this is true or not.

Just trying to figure out the angle for Boras to make this up.

Trying to recreate his market.