Offseason Part 3 - Because Part 2 Was a Dud

CentralChamps21

19 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Pirates desperately need pitching in their system. Probably their only weakness in the future. It's a solid matchup with the Padres who have alot of it.

Well, other than the fact that they are in fact, the Pirates and will find other ways to mess things up.  Like you know, forgetting an out at first is a force out.

2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

Well, other than the fact that they are in fact, the Pirates and will find other ways to mess things up.  Like you know, forgetting an out at first is a force out.

Which has nothing to do with THE FUTURE. We all know the current Pirates are a shit show. But their pipeline is very bright.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Have there been rumors linking the White Sox to Reynolds or is this just wishful thinking?

No. The White Sox just don't have the players to even get close. The rumor is that San Diego would move Robert Hassell, Luis Campusano and Jackson Merrill potentially. That's an absolute haul. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

No. The White Sox just don't have the players to even get close. The rumor is that San Diego would move Robert Hassell, Luis Campusano and Jackson Merrill potentially. That's an absolute haul. 

And yet still hold onto Abrams, Gore and Weathers...

3 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Is there anything at least semi positive for us to look forward to in the near term in terms of MLB transactions?

Or is Hahn content to put his dick into a blender and let the chips fall where they may whenever the start button gets pushed?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The Sox biggest issue isn't spending money for free agents. 

It continues to be drafting and developing.   

And speaking of talent development, until the Indians do their complete teardown, they won't be an easy out for the White Sox this year.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And speaking of talent development, until the Indians do their complete teardown, they won't be an easy out for the White Sox this year.

You have called the Guardians the wrong name at least 3 times in 24 hours.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Is there anything at least semi positive for us to look forward to in the near term in terms of MLB transactions?

Or is Hahn content to put his dick into a blender and let the chips fall where they may whenever the start button gets pushed?

I mean they have one of the best teams in baseball so I'm going to enjoy that. I wanted an upgrade in right field but they don't really need a "major" transaction do they? 

Just now, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I mean they have one of the best teams in baseball so I'm going to enjoy that. I wanted an upgrade in right field but they don't really need a "major" transaction do they? 

Need is subjective, but they're going to run out one of the worst OF defenses in the league with a guy in LF that has shown no ability to stay healthy while playing the field and an unathletic 1B in RF.  What could possibly go wrong?  

I know you agree with me that RF needed to be supplemented, so more a rhetorical question. But its just a matter of time until Eloy hits the IL.  And without acquiring a real RF, Sox go from a suitable situation to one that is very, very thin very quickly. 

If Reynolds does go to SD, it should happen pretty quickly since they already looked at the system in-depth for the Frazier trade.  And it would be a clear sign they are putting the brakes on Abrams to the OF in SD with so little minor league experience for a high school kid coming off a major leg injury last year.

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I'm over RF at this point, but would be stoked for a Manaea acquisition.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Does this have serious legs?

Makes too much sense...and Padres are desperate for one more OFer since they don't want to start Profar or Abrams there.  Preller's job is on the line 100%.  And that means they can take their time moving Myers and Hosmer to a lesser extent, although the latter move a huge writedown. They just might decide better to hold on to him for leadership and continuity.

Edited by caulfield12

56 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Which has nothing to do with THE FUTURE. We all know the current Pirates are a shit show. But their pipeline is very bright.

Way, way higher on what Cherington is doing in PIT than what Elias has done with the Orioles with a year longer. Especially since Cherington had to start right before COVID.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

Way, way higher on what Cherington is doing in PIT than what Elias has done with the Orioles with a year longer. Especially since Cherington had to start right before COVID.

Other than AZ and Colorado, hard to find a bigger mess.

They’ll have to trade Means and Mullins before their future core actually arrives on the scenes, other than Rutschman.