3/26 | Angels vs White Sox | 3:05PM CT | NBCS Chicago / ESPN1000

Tnetennba

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hendriks or Kimbrel?

Next we’ll be trading Hendriks to prove Kimbrel still can close.  And if they don’t pitch Kimbrel…how will that possibly increase his value?

VV looks like another KW/RH bargain rack special.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Umm, Manea is not that good. Oakland would jump on that trade and then immediately trade Hendricks for someone way better than 1 year of Manea.

What are you, Hendricks' agent?  Did you see that last inning he pitched?  Get him out the door so we can extend Kimbrel.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Crochet looking good! 

I wonder why they're not stretching him out at least a little this year.  Why are they committed to taking a talent like this and making him a middle reliever?  Is that how much the Sox overvalue bullpen pieces?

Just now, Timmy U said:

I wonder why they're not stretching him out at least a little this year.  Why are they committed to taking a talent like this and making him a middle reliever?  Is that how much the Sox overvalue bullpen pieces?

They've said the plan for him is to be used more in a multi inning role and get occasional spot starts, but I'll believe that's true when they actually start doing it.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because it's spring training? 

Sure, but it’s an abbreviated one…just reinforces how none of our so-called wave of outfield prospects is pretty much in shambles.

And, yes, the likes of Trayce Thompson and Mazara are still getting at-bats in ST.

Would like to have seen a better throw from Harrison…should have been a DP.

3 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I think it's another case of the Sox rushing pitchers into the majors. Likely a case of not trusting their developmental process in the minors. In an organization that emphasizes development, Crochet would probably be a rookie this year working long relief with spot starts on the near-term horizon.

12 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Didn't they say they are going to be stretching him out a bit? Multi-inning outings and such?

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes, and my uneducated prediction is he’s traded in the next 48 hours to the Phillies or Dodgers.

Meh if they aren’t going to go out and get anyone with the money they would get back in return for him they should just keep him

17 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Meh if they aren’t going to go out and get anyone with the money they would get back in return for him they should just keep him

But why keep him if he doesn’t want to be in the role and he sucks in the role

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

But why keep him if he doesn’t want to be in the role and he sucks in the role

If my choices are Kyle Crick gets the final spot in the bullpen or Craig Kimbrel does, I'll role the dice on being able to fix Kimbrel.

But I think it's obviously in the best interest of everyone for him to get traded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Poppy told me the sox have a lot more top secret data that we don't have access to so we should not question their logic.

I didn't tell you what to do...I said they have more data than we have.  You are welcome to think you are more capable than RH.  Lots of people enjoy daydreaming about what they would do if named GM.