Andrew Vaughn hurts hip pointer, out 1-2 weeks per White Sox

Buehrle>Wood

11 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

With Robert’s tear didn’t we know almost that day that he had torn something? Just trying to take as much information from the ridiculously vague organizational statement from yesterday. 

Wondering if a “dislocation” could be the type of thing where it’s messed up while twisting, not ungodly painful, but needs some extra time to be able to figure out the severity. 

A dislocation requires immediate action, so I seriously doubt they would call it “right hip discomfort”.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So assuming Vaughn is out, what do you guys expect the Opening Day lineup to be?

Here’s my guess:

1. Legend, RF#
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C#
  5. Jimenez, RF
  6. Moncada, 3B#
  7. Big Energy, 2B
  8. Adolfo, DH
  9. Mendick, SS

No Sheets?

Edit: oops. Probably facing a lefty to start the year. But I still feel like I would DH him and bat him like 6th or 7th and move guys around over having Mendick in lineup. Mendick, Harrison, a not ready Adolfo and Leury in the same lineup = ?

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So assuming Vaughn is out, what do you guys expect the Opening Day lineup to be?

Here’s my guess:

1. Legend, RF#
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C#
  5. Jimenez, RF
  6. Moncada, 3B#
  7. Big Energy, 2B
  8. Adolfo, DH
  9. Mendick, SS

You meant to switch Eloy and Adolfo here, right???

Even TLR isn't that insane.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anyone got any theories on kind of hip injury this could be?  I would recommend not googling Cody Ross if you want to avoid the worst case scenarios coming to mind.

The cart kind of contradicts my theories, but the way he landed on some hard turf just makes me think hip pointer / femoral trochanter bursa pain.  Enough to shake him up but not a longer term injury.  He got up under his own power so I rule out hip fracture or dislocation.  Even a tear seems less likely to me.  I’m a total layman though and could totally be wrong. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Here’s my guess:

1. Legend, RF#
  2. Robert, CF
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C#
  5. Jimenez, RF
  6. Moncada, 3B#
  7. Big Energy, 2B
  8. Adolfo, DH
  9. Mendick, SS

What a sad OD lineup that would be.  I’d guess Sheets DH’s unless they are facing a lefty. 

11 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

Gonna be hard for Hahn to find another first baseman to play right field this late in the offseason.  

too bad Pujols just signed with the Cards.  He would have been perfect!

edit:  Dang!  Bob beat me to it!  Nicely done sir!

Edited by turnin' two
  • Like 1