GT: Sox @ Tigers (Giolito v Rodriguez) 12:10 CT NBCSN

bmags

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

one game and every flaw that was present last year is still there. couldn't be more deflated.

The outfield defense... bullpen from the 8th on...lack of variation from Hendriks and Grandal, offense falling asleep after scoring early. 

Andrew Vaughn should by all rights be the story of the game, now just an afterthought. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

The outfield defense... bullpen from the 8th on...lack of variation from Hendriks and Grandal, offense falling asleep after scoring early. 

Andrew Vaughn should by all rights be the story of the game, now just an afterthought. 

Hendriks was a problem last year? Is your brain broken?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

IT.WAS.ONE.GAME.

Come back off the ledge, some of you. Good gracious.

We don't need to overreact, but it is tiring to see multi-run leads blown in the late innings. That hasn't happened for one game. It has happened too many times.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

Way to overreact

No overreactions are allowed until 54 games into the season. 

Certainly not when we're starting Velasquez or Lambert next week, lol. 

We can just fix everything at the trade deadline. 

The bullpen collapse last year in Anaheim doesn't mean the same exact thing will happen this year. 

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

No not at all, Hendriks and Bummer sucked.  But Hendriks has to be throwing more sliders to keep hitters honest.  Báez should never be seeing fastballs in that spot.  Oh well, long season ahead.

I wouldn't have pitched to Baez. In that spot you walk him and I was questioning the non move while watching it.

The bullpen collapse last year in Anaheim doesn't mean the same exact thing will happen this year. 

Thank you for proving my point. 

Just now, NWINFan said:

We don't need to overreact, but it is tiring to see multi-run leads blown in the late innings. That hasn't happened for one game. It has happened too many times.

Yeah it's essentially trauma from last year. Offense crashing after the third, clown defense late in games, bullpen getting shelled in 8th, etc. 

Didn't the team who you called holeless and way better than the Sox last year, miss the playoffs entirely and have a losing record?

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm still knee deep in work hell for 3 hours. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Shit I'd be in the same situation but the bosses are on the lake today. So I'm out. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

As someone who was worried about the work load before we acquired hendriks, I'm pretty confident in saying there's literally nothing to worry about with Liam in 2022.

Yep, if he’s bad this year the team is likely in trouble.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Pro tip:  you should avoid sarcasm when the things you say earnestly are generally unclear and/or incoherent.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Hendriks was a problem last year? Is your brain broken?

He closed 86% of his save opportunities...now it's actually below 85%, which used to be the bare minimum standard for keeping your job. 

But go ahead and keep calling him the best reliever in baseball if that makes you feel better. 

And these are the Tigers, one of the bottom five teams in the AL, arguably. 

• Fire 1