4/8 Games

BamaDoc

Guy the Dash are facing tonight is really really good; has a chance to be a big time fast riser this year. Surprised the Rangers started him at A+ this year. He was a high school pick who got hurt, then the COVID year, then punched the mound and hurt himself after a dumb play last year. Came back and dominated, then won AFL MVP. He's got a great ceiling.

Good on Colas and Ramos hitting him pretty good.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Guy the Dash are facing tonight is really really good; has a chance to be a big time fast riser this year. Surprised the Rangers started him at A+ this year. He was a high school pick who got hurt, then the COVID year, then punched the mound and hurt himself after a dumb play last year. Came back and dominated, then won AFL MVP. He's got a great ceiling.

Good on Colas and Ramos hitting him pretty good.

Owen White missed too much time i think to jump him to AA.  Probably gonna get 5 or so starts at A+ before going to AA

54 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Emilio Vargas looks like garbage tonight. Has given up 4 runs in the 1st so far. I bring him up because he's something this FO apparently considered SP "depth."

I would have said Vargas is SP1 in Charlotte before tonight. Not upgrading the Charlotte rotation at all is inexcusable.

1 minute ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nah. Lambert and McClure are both better. Jason Bilous is too. Surprised he's in Birmingham. 

Certainly not sold on Lambert being better, maybe I'm overreacting to McClure's inflated ERA in Charlotte last year.

But I think it's obvious the Sox should have targeted orgs with 40 man crunches to build some AAA SP depth.

25 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Grayson Rodriguez against that Knights "lineup" isn't a fair fight. At least they managed to get 1 hit off him.

Looks like a really strong start for Burke, all things considered. I'm surprised he was allowed to throw 84 pitches this early in the season.

The MiLB guys had off season training and a full spring camp.