4/9 Games

BamaDoc

4 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Dominguez stuff has really ticked up. He and Bilous might ultimately be better than anyone in AAA right now. 

Also, what a difference. This Kannapolis team is so much better than what they did last year. 

I know it probably has been discussed.  How long will Vera be out for?

Edited by Sox80

26 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Dominguez stuff has really ticked up. He and Bilous might ultimately be better than anyone in AAA right now. 

Also, what a difference. This Kannapolis team is so much better than what they did last year. 

They may have scored more runs tonight than they did through all of April last year

2 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think we might see Yolbert in Chicago this year. That contact rate and defense will play.

@Y2Jimmy0 what do you think of Yolbert now? I think everybody was pretty down on his hit tool when he was signed. He hit really well in AA and AFL recently. 

3 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Is Gladney making a jump?  Sleepy Harold said he had a good spring, that’s why he’s hitting 3rd.  That would be big.

I'd love to take credit but I believe it was Harold's Leg Lift that mentioned his work in the spring. Either way, it's great to see it translating early on. 

41 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Definite big leaguer. His bat has been much, much better than advertised in the high minors. 

You think he’s on a fast track if he comes out blazing?  That would help explain parting with Madrigal and signing Harrison- they think they have a really solid big leaguer knocking on the door. 

7 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

You think he’s on a fast track if he comes out blazing?  That would help explain parting with Madrigal and signing Harrison- they think they have a really solid big leaguer knocking on the door. 

I mean I would think so. he's like 25 years old. No reason to waitt. 

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

All that said, hard to imagine Yogurt had much to do with the long-term strategic planning behind the Madrigal trade... 

No not at all. Just getting rid of Madrigal was the plan behind that trade. The player that the White Sox ended up with wasn't the same guy they thought they were getting for whatever reason. Whether it was the fault of the amateur scouting department or the player just got worse, the White Sox deemed him expendable. People 70 hit with close to the same grades for run and defense. If you're going to slap singles intentionally, 55 defense with 55 run grades just isn't good enough. 

20 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I mean I would think so. he's like 25 years old. No reason to waitt. 

No not at all. Just getting rid of Madrigal was the plan behind that trade. The player that the White Sox ended up with wasn't the same guy they thought they were getting for whatever reason. Whether it was the fault of the amateur scouting department or the player just got worse, the White Sox deemed him expendable. People 70 hit with close to the same grades for run and defense. If you're going to slap singles intentionally, 55 defense with 55 run grades just isn't good enough. 

I'm convinced.  Good post.

10 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Definite big leaguer. His bat has been much, much better than advertised in the high minors. 

In my opinion he should've been in AAA to start, but I don't mind him (hopefully) getting a short stay in AA before the jump. Like I said in a previous thread in PHT, god speed Yolbert.

22 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Oppo double for Colas.  He looks too good for this level.

That's what I was thinking when I saw him assigned to A+ . Maybe it was because it had been a while since he actually played.However he did hold his own in Japan's Major Leagues in a SSS did he not ? That's where Ichiro and Ohtani and others have come from so not too big a step below MLB.