GAMETHREAD 4/10/22: Sox vs Tigers (Kopech vs Skubal) 12:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

19 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Oh my God!  He just wants everybody to officially play.  

Apologies if you were trolling the nervous guys on here

Nervous guys?  Yeah, how dare anyone think trying to win games against a divisional opponent while our team is in a weakened state is more important than letting everyone “officially play” in the opening series.

1 hour ago, gogosox1959 said:

If you never play, you'll never be ready to play when needed.  This is longstanding TLA rule #1: everyone is kept ready to go in. 

Sure. But not sure that should extend to Mendick. Guy shouldn’t even be on the roster. 

• Like 2

I don’t have an issue with the team playing the bench guys from time to time but not all at once creating a massive hole at the bottom of the lineup. Especially early on in the season when the bullpen is going to be used sooner than later in games (Kopech due to innings limit, Keuchel and Velasquez  due to getting shelled). We need the offense.

Edited by HahnsKiddieTable
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nervous guys?  Yeah, how dare anyone think trying to win games against a divisional opponent while our team is in a weakened state is more important than letting everyone “officially play” in the opening series.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just enjoy the nice beautiful forest instead of focusing on a dumb tree?

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

JFC…I hate these “let’s give everyone a start in the first series” type lineups.  Grandal has a 152 wRC+ against LHP the past three seasons whereas McGuire has been terrible against lefties (15 wRC+) and pretty solid against righties (102 wRC+).  Maybe just wait until next series to get him a start to better optimize the lineup each game?

And then you have Burger on the bench despite destroying LHP in AAA last year (1.035 OPS).  Realistically he should be at 3B every time we face a southpaw, but if you feel compelled to play Harrison today why not do so at 2B?  Mendick has reverse spits (55 wRC+ vs LHP in his short career) and really has no business getting playing time with Tim now back and Leury actually being slightly above league average against LHP.

I know this will trigger some people here, but I truly believe Tony doesn’t understand how platooning / splits work and it’s extremely frustrating as he’s leaving a lot of value on the table.

I agree. There's no reason not to play Burger ( that I know of) while he is here. Tony just told us this spring Grandal would be playing DH to get a half days rest so why not just do what you just told us you would do ?

Maybe this is the defense and speed lineup and he wants to keep Vaughn out of RF with the recent hip problem. Do the damage with the top 5 in the order , bunt and play small ball with the bottom of the order.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No not really

Hopefully Danny and the Juniors all make us eat our words while we are dancing to a victory in our Sox(socks) At The Hop .

Edit: Not sure how many will get the 1950's rock and roll reference ;)

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1