4/20 game thread Sox at CLE

4 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Can Banks be a starter?

I don't see why not until the league figures him out, if they do.  But my guess is that the Sox are happy with him in the pen at this time.  He certainly seems to have earned the right to not be sent down when the rosters go to 26 but we will see.

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

When does offense ineptitude get looked at? 

I think we already did: there’s a balance right now between thinking this might be an actual problem against RHP and people pointing out that the White Sox have a huge amount of hard contact that hasn’t yet turned into hits.

Not sure how this filters out in the end, if you’re worried already go watch highlights of the 2nd inning and crack open a bottle of whiskey.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Adding insult to injury, Burnes and Woodruff lights out these last two days...otoh, Wheeler suddenly looks terrible again and was hurting in the preseason.

Woodruff with a no no against Pirates right now, pretty decent odds except pitch count early in the season.

Why is this insult to injury? Because some unconfirmed rumor that the Sox were going for them? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a video game that you reset at 10-0 and start over. No reason to play this game out. Concede and move onto game two. Oh wait not allowed. I am against tanking but I'd tank the rest of this one to get it over with.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The way I look at this game is Bieber was on the mound, so having shit Keuchel give up 10 is the right time to do it.

So why even play the game? What is the point of putting Dallas out there any longer? 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The way I look at this game is Bieber was on the mound, so having shit Keuchel give up 10 is the right time to do it.

This outlook is fine until you realize "shit" Keuchel probably is just Keuchel at this point. 

• Like 1