4/20 game thread Sox at CLE

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

It is kind of crazy how bad they have been. I really hope it is just we are slow to start, if the offense is going to be close to this weak we will not survive this year

This is how the offense looked for most of July-October last year.  They're just picking up where they left off.

Just now, fathom said:

Robert looks terrible right now. Massive hole low and away in his swing.  This offense desperately needs him not to take a step back this year.

I think it's quite possible that the offense(and individual players) aren't as good as we thought. Robert looks more like Mike Cameron than Mike Trout. 

• Haha 2

Just now, fathom said:

Seems like he’s soooo far off the plate and way too open

I thought him opening his stance was supposed to help him hit the inside fastball and not go for those low sliders away. 

Just now, fathom said:

Problem is he’s chasing low and away and getting jammed by fastballs inside

I thought it was problematic when I saw him getting blown away by a 94 MPH fastball in that last game against Seattle. That's the kind of stuff he did when he struggled at the end of 2020. 

11 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Seeing everyone trying to pull outside breaking pitches is pretty frustrating. You know he's gonna throw them out there. Stone is right, he's barely pitching righties inside. 

Do we have an active hitting coach?

Edited by hankchifan