4/20 game thread Sox at CLE

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Robert already has a 120 game sample prior to this season. He was a 5 WAR player who looked amazing for 3 months and was terrible for a month. I think he'll be a streaky hitter in general. Hopefully his struggles recently are just mechanical or the league adjusting to him. He'll always have a chance to adjust back. 

Yeah, but people think he's going to be an MVP candidate and the fanbase is going to turn on him when he's a 4-5 WAR guy with most of his value tied to defense like Moncada. 

Everyone is going to b**** about not hitting anywhere close to his ceiling like we do about Yoan. I'm guilty of it myself. 

The Sox are doing way better with their pitchers than they are their hitters. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

They have a 14 man pitching staff.  14.

Right but hiw many do you want pitching in a close game? They didn't need to use any if those because of the innings he took.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, but people think he's going to be an MVP candidate and the fanbase is going to turn on him when he's a 4-5 WAR guy with most of his value tied to defense like Moncada. 

Lol...jack.....Luis has a 128 wRC+ in his first 560 MLB plate appearance.  How in the fuck does that lead to "most of his value tied to defense".

You're insane.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol...jack.....Luis has a 128 wRC+ in his first 560 MLB plate appearance.  How in the fuck does that lead to "most of his value tied to defense".

You're insane.  

Isn't Moncada around the same in his career? 

Above average offensively, great on D. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Isn't Moncada around the same in his career? 

Above average offensively, great on D. 

About 15 ticks lower on wRC+ across his career.   

Luis is going to be an absolute star in this game.  He looks like shit at the plate the last 10 days or so, but he'll be fine.  Relax. 

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I thought you were going to try to be less negative? Don't fall off the wagon Moncada and Robert. 

No....They're both really solid above average players that are great defensively. It's just frustrating that despite flashes of superstardom neither have yet to take the next step. There's still time for Robert as he's only 24. Time is running out for Yoan. If he continues being what he was last year for the next season or two that's probably what he is. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Already giving up on Robert, Eloy, and Vaughn? Tough crowd. 

No, I'm not giving up. Talking this season only. I'm pretty much done with Eloy though. He is doing his best Avi Garcia impression with the grounders. 

Edited by Jack Parkman