GT: Sox @ Guardians Game 2: Lambert vs. McKenzie

ChiSox59

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

harrison is eaton 2.0 how bad is our scouting? YEAR AFTER YEAR we get vets a year too late.

Eaton was probably 2 years too late. Harrison looked toast in his stint with Oakland last year. 

• Like 1

I'm so sick and tired of Tony and his BS lineups and throwing games. 

I gave him benefit of doubt last year but we are doing that crap again. I know no one in front office has the balls to step up and say anything to him.

Fuck you too reinsdorf 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I'm so sick and tired of Tony and his BS lineups and throwing games. 

I gave him benefit of doubt last year but we are doing that crap again. I know no one in front office has the balls to step up and say anything to him.

Fuck you too reinsdorf 

He is resting his team for the playoffs.  Playing without home-field advantage worked out so well last year for us.  

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah I think they eat some of the contract if this goes on during May.  

For sure. Basically he can live with his own crappy pitching but not the defense? He can piss off. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

A veteran player playing both games of a doubleheader? After 2 days off? That’s insane!

The fallacy of "resting players" of course is on greg's list of pet peeves in baseball. My gosh we act like these guys are playing NFL football, not baseball. If a player needs "rest" have the player not do any heavy sprints that day, no weighlifting, etc. Ripken played every day. Of course this topic will never change. Managers will always be "resting" players. My other pet peeve is we fans complaining about the order of hitters in the lineup. Didn't Bill James the original guru do a study on how a player's position in the batting order matters not?