GT: Sox @ Guardians Game 2: Lambert vs. McKenzie

ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Sounds like Keuchel is satisfied with his performance on the field today.... wow.

The guy rarely blames himself. Remember when he blamed the Oakland Coliseum for his bad playoff start? Sure the defense screwed him, but he absolutely unraveled after the 3rd error today. 

Edited by chw42

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Sounds like Keuchel is satisfied with his performance on the field today.... wow.

Yep and then blamed his teammates. What’s next he going to bring his kid with him to practice? He’s heading to Adam LaRoche territory. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Sure as hell feels like it. I don't think McKenzie would be able to go all 9 though. 

No, the last 2 innings will be pitched by either a position player or the DH call-up as a "mercy" play.

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

It’s only going to get worse the longer they keep him around. God forbid he lasts through the year and they need to start manipulating innings not to vest his option. It will be an unwanted distraction for the team. I’m at the point now I’d rather lose with Lambert or Banks than win with Dallas. Especially if it prolongs his career here. 

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Didn't Bill James the original guru do a study on how a player's position in the batting order matters not?

After going into a fair amount of research and consulting with others, James was ambivalent on the topic. i.e. New Age lineups matter, until they don't - which is often.  He did make a case for batting your best hitter in the #2 slot, but even then the numbers favoring that positioning are small .   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Friend of Nordhagen said:

Dallas Keuchel is a bad teammate. He said some terrible shit last year, and he's at it again.

A loss with Dallas is the same as a loss with any other able bodied pitcher. Just cut him, already. It will have the net positive of removing him from the clubhouse, which of nothing else will at least brighten the mood of everyone