White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I don't think Sox fans like Leury, I think they widley hate him.  Leury Legend was a knickname created by the front office/managers, not the fans. I don't know a single Sox fan that likes Leury as a player.

I do. He's a quality Ute. Hitting him #3 and playing him as often and for as long as TLR does is nutzo.
I'm not going political here, but the news media ran pix of Pres Biden attempting to shake hands with an invisible 'other' last week. Is TLR's behavior the past few days any less bizarre?

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The thing is Leury would be absolutely fine doing exactly what he is good at, which should be getting 350-400 ABs a year around the IF, and OF if needed, not really starting, but getting about 4 days a week in the field mostly around getting the real starters days off.  There is also nothing wrong with giving him specific match ups.

The problem isn't Leury, it's how Tony is using him. 

That is way too many starts. 2-3 times at most a week is what he should be getting

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record, Francona has Jose Ramirez in the line up for the 3rd time in 24 hours.

i never understood the "give them plenty of rest to keep them fresh" mentality. I am very active and if I rest too much I actually perform worse, feel worse, and am less motivated. Currently competing in running and if i take 2 days off in a row its so hard to get back into it. My legs feel heavier, my mind is somewhere else.  Everyone I talk to says the same thing, the olympic coaches say the same thing. I like consistency, and it would drive me absolutely nuts if I was playing for TLR, and I am 35 with aches and pains! I cant imagine being 25 and being babied like this.

The Braves barely rested players last season and the team said that contributed to their winning mindset. Here is a good read about it:https://sports.yahoo.com/no-days-off-freddie-freeman-pushes-braves-teammates-to-play-every-game-140954730.html

Edited by reiks12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Now I’m in a position where I’m cheering for the team, but rooting against Garcia. What’s better for the success of this ballclub? God forbid he plays well today in the 3 spot and it validates TLR’s lineup. 

I rather Leury be an asset for the remaining of the season.  The club wins in spite of Larussa not because of him.  He sucks.

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

i never understood the "give them plenty of rest to keep them fresh" mentality. I am very active and if I rest too much I actually perform worse, feel worse, and am less motivated. Currently competing in running and if i take 2 days off in a row its so hard to get back into it. My legs feel heavier, my mind is somewhere else.  Everyone I talk to says the same thing, the olympic coaches say the same thing. I like consistency, and it would drive me absolutely nuts if I was playing for TLR, and I am 35 with aches and pains! I cant imagine being 25 and being babied like this.

The Braves barely rested players last season and the team said that contributed to their winning mindset. Here is a good read about it:https://sports.yahoo.com/no-days-off-freddie-freeman-pushes-braves-teammates-to-play-every-game-140954730.html

How does your philosophy any to bench players? If they get stale and don't have any consistency, will they ever perform well?

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

This has to be TLR trying to make some kind of a point right? He even moved Jose down to 4th just so he can hit Leury 3rd. WTF is going on?

Yeah, I doubt Leury has been lobbying to bat third. Mostly.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

How does your philosophy any to bench players? If they get stale and don't have any consistency, will they ever perform well?

Fine. But if you have four bench players and play them 2x per week, that's 8 days of rest for the starting nine.

Even then, it still doesn't justify batting Leury 3rd. Only guys on this roster he should ever bat ahead of are McGuire and Haseley. Maybe Harrison vs RHP. Also doesn't explain why Engel isn't in the OF over Sheets or Haseley.

Edited by CentralChamps21

12 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I would expect my bench players to provide depth for injuries rather than expect them to carry a lineup like what TLR is expecting of Leury today. I do believe in rest, just not to this extent. I dont mind the sunday lineups when its appropriate like after a long stretch, but TLR has already put out a handful of Sunday lineups in the first 11 games of the season. Thats where my issue is. 

edit: and yes there are injuries to this lineup and every game will have question marks, but this series has been an absolute disaster as far as managing players goes. 

Edited by reiks12

I'm cracking up about this. 

Haseley is like Nick WIlliams all over again - likely to be out of baseball in a couple weeks but Tony has to play him multiple times over much better players; he's literally the last guy on an expanded roster. La Russa plays him over Engel and Vaughn. Best part is he plays the worst defensive player on the team in RF instead of putting Nick williams Jr in RF. 

Why Engel/Vaughn aren't playing today... I'm not sure anybody knows. The Sox have had a ton of off days. Vaughn will now have started 8 of 12 games (66%). On pace to play 106 games. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Tony has to be fired tonight if they lose. This is literally unacceptable

I would be beside myself excited.  Its never going to happen tho.  We could lost 15 in a row with Leury at the 3 hole every game and nothing would happen. 

• Like 1