White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Not by Reyes, it was slicing away from him. ANother thing Robert should know.

Have to agree to disagree on this one.

Leury has to be aware of his teammates ahead of him...something we learn in Little League is not to run right up the back of the guy in front of us.

If he's the only base runner then you can praise him for his amazing read...if he gets doubled off first, what a terrible base running play!

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, Rowand44 said:

I mean that's fine and I agree overall but that ball hit him in the glove, it's not like he was 20 feet away from it.  Luis is kind of in no man's land there and with 0 outs he decided to tag up which isn't the wrong decision there.  Leury was the one that forced everything and ran the team into an out.

The ball was never inside Reyes glove .It was maybe off the tip of it or just beyond his glove or only hit his glove after it went off the wall. I'd have to see it again. Leury might've got back to 2nd safely  if he's picking up a stop sign from McEwing.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Have to agree to disagree on this one.

Leury has to be aware of his teammates ahead of him...something we learn in Little League is not to run right up the back of the guy in front of us.

In little league you don't have professional coaches. I can't blame Leury without knowing if he was picking up McEwings sign to send Robert or if McEwing made his decision to send Robert based on where Leury was.