White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

No one jumps ship faster than Sox fans in gamechats. 

The talent is still there. 

That said, I had been souring on Eloy last year and I'm at the point where I just don't see it with him going forward. Too many ground balls. Bad pitch recognition. His hit tool had to carry him because the rest of his tools are bad. 

Yoan, Robert, Tim, Yaz, Vaughn... not worried about. Eloy, I'm very worried.

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The team itself is the bigger issue right now than the manager. 

No one is hitting and no one is catching the ball.

We can be mad at the Tony / Leury thing all we want, but this team is playing like shit. 

Isn’t it the job of a HOF manager to have guys come out ready to play? If he’s bad at strategy isn’t everyone supposed to be motivated and focused? 

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

17 pitches, 14 strikes through 2 for Plesac.

We are a pathetic bunch right now.  Looking to get Swept by Cleveland.

I thought we took division opponents seriously?  I think TLR has gone senile and taking this whole team down with him,

Fuck em all right now! 

Edited by 2Deep

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yaz not taking pitches at all and swinging at crap is kinda concerning. 

I'm not really worried about approach in the long term. Yaz is just too smart a hitter. He'll figure it out. He's being attacked a bit differently this year and he's trying to attack the pitches early in the count to counter. Think he'll figure it out and this is juts a slow start for Yaz.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No one jumps ship faster than Sox fans in gamechats. 

The talent is still there. 

That said, I had been souring on Eloy last year and I'm at the point where I just don't see it with him going forward. Too many ground balls. Bad pitch recognition. His hit tool had to carry him because the rest of his tools are bad. 

Yoan, Robert, Tim, Yaz, Vaughn... not worried about. Eloy, I'm very worried.

I think the right hitting coach could certainly get Eloy to lift the ball more. Maybe you can improve his approach overall, maybe you can't, I don't know. But if Eloy was a Dodger/Giant/Ray I have no doubt he would be pulling the ball in the air significantly more than he is right now. It's very frustrating to watch. It feels similar to watching Cease have this incredible stuff but not getting any strikeouts before the Sox hired Katz.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I think the right hitting coach could certainly get Eloy to lift the ball more. Maybe you can improve his approach overall, maybe you can't, I don't know. But if Eloy was a Dodger/Giant/Ray I have no doubt he would be pulling the ball in the air significantly more than he is right now. It's very frustrating to watch. It feels similar to watching Cease have this incredible stuff but not getting any strikeouts before the Sox hired Katz.

Menechino is a good hitting coach. Also... MLB hitting coaches just really don't mean all that much. This is on Eloy.