White Sox vs Guardians GT 4/21/22

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

One advantage to TLR as manager -- he has the most convincing slow walk in the majors. I mean, what ump is going to make him speed it up when they aren't sure if he can even shamble all the way to the mound without falling over? He could get away with taking breaks half way there.

You are either committing ageism, drunkism or halloffameism and you need to stop, guy.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

If anyone seriously thought this was the 3rd best team in baseball without Moncada, Pollock, Lucas, & Lynn, uh... good for them, I guess.

If anyone seriously thought this team would have no major injuries all year...congratulations on 10 years as General Manager.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This team honestly has not been fun to watch ever since the ASB last year. 

Well, Yermin's first month was fun, Billy Hamilton's energy and excitement playing the game especially stands out, Robert's second half...even Goodwin a couple times. Sheets as well.

Kimbrel's flop really killed a lot of excitement IMO.

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Sox should have signed Pineda. Shut down NYY today. 

Well, we will be playing this name that veteran starter game at least until Lynn comes back and/or Rodon gets hurt (not necessarily predicting that one.)  Wacha also comes to mind, Heaney although pretty sure he's out now.

Just now, chw42 said:

We're absolutely getting cooked on defense and the base paths this series. 

Well, when you have a team that has a bunch of 1B/DH types mixed in with overusing utility guys this is what happens.  The white sox have never given a fuck about fundamentals.  Their brand of baseball is based on 3 months in the summer when the ball blows out to left.  In the spring/fall they look very flawed.  In June when everyone starts banging the ball out they will look invincible for periods of time.  This is a flawed team.  If I was any of the AL Central teams not named the Royals, I would think I have a chance.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

There was only roughly 20 available FA SPs who would have made the team better. You can't possibly expect the Sox to have signed one of them.

Instead they spent just a hair less on Cueto so late he didn’t even help when we needed it most. Makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Well, when you have a team that has a bunch of 1B/DH types mixed in with overusing utility guys this is what happens.  The white sox have never given a fuck about fundamentals.  Their brand of baseball is based on 3 months in the summer when the ball blows out to left.  In the spring/fall they look very flawed.  In June when everyone starts banging the ball out they will look invincible for periods of time.  This is a flawed team.  If I was any of the AL Central teams not named the Royals, I would think I have a chance.    

That is a very pessimistic outlook.....I mean why would you count out the Royals??

• Haha 1