GT 4/22: SOX @ Twins, 7:10 PM CT, NBCSC

Just now, fathom said:

I thought Jeffers was incredible framing that inning.  The pitch to McGuire was awful, as was the Engel one.

Jeffers saved the game. Framing and incredible blocks on balls in dirt with runners on third. But seriously that ump. Pitcher was all over the fricking place and you’re giving him those calls? I’m sorry but that’s bad.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They’re so not enjoyable.  

They fucking suck right now! Having a loser Manger who doesn't seem to care about winning doesn't help.  I'm probably over reacting right now.  I don't see this team winning a championship with the way they are constructed. 

Just now, wegner said:

No....when a guy makes at least 3 bad strike calls in an inning I'm gonna complain.

Whatever.

Be better and don't make 5 errors as a shortstop in 3 games 

Score more then 14 runs in last 8 games 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

He’s been pretty bad lately.  I wouldn’t have PH’d him in that spot. 

He's got one of the best eyes in the league, and the dude couldn't throw strikes. I would have easily PH him for McGuire, maybe even Burger. 

Just now, Sox80 said:

They fucking suck right now! Having a loser Manger who doesn't seem to care about winning doesn't help.  I'm probably over reacting right now.  I don't see this team winning a championship with the way they are constructed. 

And the beauty of it is they’re one game out of first place despite playing terribly for most of the season. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

He's got one of the best eyes in the league, and the dude couldn't throw strikes. I would have easily PH him for McGuire, maybe even Burger. 

So you mean you would have liked to see called strike 3 on Grandal instead of Burger?  He would have taken that pitch too.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

You got to pinch hit Grandal in that situation no matter what. He’s obviously a better hitter than McGuire. 

Tony is gonna tell us his gut told him McGuire is better there. 

• Like 1

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

So you mean you would have liked to see called strike 3 on Grandal instead of Burger?  He would have taken that pitch too.

Pagan couldn’t throw anything but fastballs to lefties.  I would have liked Grandal’s chances there.  I guarantee if Leury was on the bench, he would have batted for McGuire.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Whatever.

Be better and don't make 5 errors as a shortstop in 3 games 

Score more then 14 runs in last 8 games 

I'm not letting the team off the hook...the offense and defense has been horrid.  I can still complain about an ump making calls in the 9th that he hasn't called all night.  That's still bullshit.

• Thanks 1