TA suspended one game, will appeal.

Tnetennba

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

Tim needs to mature. Quit the bat-flinging, quit flipping the bird. Then become the star major leaguer he should be.

Agreed, get some thicker skin. I remember going to a Blackhawk game many yrs ago and the Hawk fans, many of them were flipping off this hated player from Minnesota IIRC during pre-game warm ups, the player just looked right past them like nothing was wrong which annoyed the offending fans even more. TA needs some maturing indeed

37 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Agreed, get some thicker skin. I remember going to a Blackhawk game many yrs ago and the Hawk fans, many of them were flipping off this hated player from Minnesota IIRC during pre-game warm ups, the player just looked right past them like nothing was wrong which annoyed the offending fans even more. TA needs some maturing indeed

Ehhhh. TA is who he is. I’m not concerned about flipping a guy off or bat throws. Who cares. He plays the game his way. The defense tho is a problem and he needs to fix that. He’s also looked horrible at the plate for at least a week. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ehhhh. TA is who he is. I’m not concerned about flipping a guy off or bat throws. Who cares. He plays the game his way. The defense tho is a problem and he needs to fix that. He’s also looked horrible at the plate for at least a week. 

This is still unusual for TA. Letting the crowd get this under your skin? The TA I’m used to will just go crush a ball in reply.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

TA has always backed up his brash style with his play.  But when he has a game or series of games like these the baseball fun police sure are quick to pounce.

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

TA has always backed up his brash style with his play.  But when he has a game or series of games like these the baseball fun police sure are quick to pounce.

Lol I didn't know flipping people off falls under the category of baseball fun.

• Like 1

I like Tim but never cared for his bat flipping just like I didnt care for Sammy Sosa's love taps (or whatever they were called) after a HR. If I were a pitcher and someone showed me up, I'd have to consider a retallitory pitch inside next time, But that would get me suspended. Just do yr thing Tim and leave the antics

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I know Tim needs to be Tim, but I don't like some things the modern player does. The hand signals, the pointing to the sky, whatever. Just play and skip the stupid bull shit.

Guys have been doing this forever...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I like Tim but never cared for his bat flipping just like I didnt care for Sammy Sosa's love taps (or whatever they were called) after a HR. If I were a pitcher and someone showed me up, I'd have to consider a retallitory pitch inside next time, But that would get me suspended. Just do yr thing Tim and leave the antics

This is thinking is why kids don't like baseball. Go watch some chess if you want stoicism. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, The Grinder said:

3 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I know Tim needs to be Tim, but I don't like some things the modern player does. The hand signals, the pointing to the sky, whatever. Just play and skip the stupid bull shit.

Boo these people. Boo them. 

?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

And what about that Cleveland outfielder who climbed the fence?

12 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Joc Pederson yelled "fucking p***ies" at Brewers fans tonight

Will he get suspended?

Nah...MLB just likes to make an example out of TA, for some reason.  I'd say TA has a pretty good grounds for an appeal between those 2 and the Senzel finger.  How do those 3 guys get off with that, but a simple flick of the middle finger gets TA a suspension?  Straw should get a few games for instigating a fight with a fan.  Sure they were talking some shit, but from the video that is going around, its fairly vanilla.  The beer throwing didn't happen until later on.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Nah...MLB just likes to make an example out of TA, for some reason.  I'd say TA has a pretty good grounds for an appeal between those 2 and the Senzel finger.  How do those 3 guys get off with that, but a simple flick of the middle finger gets TA a suspension?  Straw should get a few games for instigating a fight with a fan.  Sure they were talking some shit, but from the video that is going around, its fairly vanilla.  The beer throwing didn't happen until later on.  

If only I could figure out a difference between TA and the others...

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1