GAMETHREAD 4/26/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Lynch vs Keuchel) 6:10 pm CDT

Capn12

Just now, Thad Bosley said:

Keuchel is a veteran.  He needs to know not to get unraveled by bad defense and just find a way to pitch over it.

Not a fan of the guy but how do you pitch over it?  He's done his job this inning, its the guys behind him who fucked up.  His strikeout rate has been dropping for several years and was already the lowest in the league.  These weak grounders are his bread and butter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Spumoni said:

Not a fan of the guy but how do you pitch over it?  He's done his job this inning, its the guys behind him who fucked up.  His strikeout rate has been dropping for several years and was already the lowest in the league.  These weak grounders are his bread and butter.

Okay I'm on a slight delay.  Just saw the four pitch walk.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

I think Burger dropping that was probably best outcome. He wasn't getting Witt at first and if he threw home it would probably go to the backstop given how this team is going.

He had no play at home or 1B.  The ball was to close to the line so if he threw home it would have drilled the runner in the back.  

Just now, Green Line said:

He is just as much of a problem out there as the guys behind him.

I am not a Keuchel defender.  He is a gas can at this point.  We all know this, and he probably does too.  The damage done that inning wasn't by him, it was by the guys behind him.