GAMETHREAD 4/26/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Lynch vs Keuchel) 6:10 pm CDT

Capn12

Just now, Tnetennba said:

No, no it’s not.  Ozzie is not the answer. 

Yeah, I don't want Ozzie back either. The problem is that if you do get rid of La Russa mid-season, you're going to have a hard time getting the manager you really want. The next guy up will most likely be Cairo. The choices really are between shit and a shit sandwich. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yeah, I don't want Ozzie back either. The problem is that if you do get rid of La Russa mid-season, you're going to have a hard time getting the manager you really want. The next guy up will most likely be Cairo. The choices really are between shit and a shit sandwich. 

What kind of bread?

Just now, chw42 said:

I don't want Ozzie either but if the options were anyone else inside the org and him.. he's preferable to Cairo no?  If the season really is on the brink, go for the big gamble (Ozzie).

Just now, chw42 said:

Ozzie hasn’t been in a dugout in 10 years.  Let’s not make the same mistake.  

At this point I’m more interested in salvaging the season and would be fine with McEwing or Cairo as interim.  Worry about a new hire in November. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

I don't want Ozzie either but if the options were anyone else inside the org and him.. he's preferable to Cairo no?  If the season really is on the brink, go for the big gamble (Ozzie).

Ozzie hasn't coached in a decade though. I'm not sure he's the best guy to throw into the fire. 

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It think the interim would be McEwing, and that would be a big improvement. 

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

How about Steve Stone?  Maybe if they put him in the dugout, they'll stop with that cursed Nationwide Jingle.

You think the players would like how smug Steve is? He's not manager material. 

Just now, wegner said:

Just trying to get rid of the jingle.....yeah he'd suck in the dugout.

A competent org should be able to axe that miserable jingle and find a quality major league manager in his or her prime.   Emphasis on competent though. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

A competent org should be able to axe that miserable jingle and find a quality major league manager in his or her prime.   Emphasis on competent though. 

There's always a catch with you isn't there?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

He'll get a job in the booth anywhere he wants, anytime he wants. Coaching his favorite team is a dream I'd imagine. I think he'd take it. 

You've got my full backing...give him a call.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

You know who probably would’ve managed this team better this season? Ricky fn Renteria. How’s that for irony. 

Ricky's last week managing this club was awful.....this last week has been worse.