GAMETHREAD 4/27/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Greinke vs Cease) 1:10 pm CDT

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Not replacing Rodon is still top tier stupid, but shouldn't come at the cost of Vaughn when it could have just cost money.

I agree. It should have just cost money and they should have struck earlier in free agency. Not offering the QO was equally as top tier stupid as not properly replacing Rodon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They needed to replace Keuchel with Kopech, Rodon stays as Rodon.

As Rodon continues to dominate the situation gets more curious to me.  I have second hand knowledge through a long time Sox coach that revealed Rodon despised Cooper for trying to make him something he wasn't,  Carlos figured it out once Cooper was finally fired, but part of me wonders if there was more animosity between Carlos and Sox brass where both just wanted nothing to do with each other any longer .

Would be really nice to have two wins before the Angeks. come to town.

Also would prevent the Royals from winning 4 series in?a row dating back to last year.

Thankfully no Hernandez or whoever that guy who gave us fits over and over again last year, at least in this series.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

This game is a great example on why the "W" stat for pitchers are useless. Cease pitched an excellent game, is one of the main reasons the Sox are winning, yet will receive a no-decision. They really need to change how that stat works, or just get rid of it.

• Like 1