GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I know but still it blows my mind, they lost 8 in a row...

Twins win their 7th in a row today tho....at least they have the Rays this weekend.  Need a big weekend for the Rays.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Career 1.5 WHIP might have something to do with it.

I agree Ruiz is a perfectly acceptable low leverage middle reliever.  I was never calling for his head like some.  But he also isn't great or anything. 

The Sox bullpen is filled with guys who have (or had when they acquired them) relatively short track records of being good that people (rightfully) accept as reliable. I don't think Ruiz is the same pitcher he was in 2019.

but I also don't want to make it sound like I believe he's Hendriks or Graveman level. He's just a good reliever who I think should get more respect than fans acting like he's a human gas can every time he enters a close game.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Twins win their 7th in a row today tho....at least they have the Rays this weekend.  Need a big weekend for the Rays.

Looked at Twins upcoming schedule and it’s incredibly easy for the next month or so.  

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Looked at Twins upcoming schedule and it’s incredibly easy for the next month or so.  

That pitching is going to catch up to them at some point.  ITs been really good, and that won't continue.  Ober went down today as well with a groin issue.