GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

41 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Grandal not being able to catch as often as he doesn't is not a good trend. 

Last thing we need is another clog at the DH/1B spot. 

McGuire has caught every one of Kopech's starts.  That appears to be thing.  Yaz (I don't think) has caught a day game after a night game either.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

In the last decade, the White Sox have played Adam Dunn and Daniel Palka in the OF at times.

True, when you need to bring in defensive replacements like Nicky Delmonico late in the game you have defensive issues.

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

These things aren't an exact science, and most importantly you ALWAYS err on the side of caution, especially this time of year.

Then IL him. It seems like there is always some sort of confusion with the handling of our injuries. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Then IL him. It seems like there is always some sort of confusion with the handling of our injuries. 

I think if the Sox had an OF worth a damn on the 40 man, they probably would have.  Haseley was already here at the time.  Seems pretty clear to me that when they option Haseley back, they thought Robert would be ready this series.  He clearly had a minor set back. 

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I wouldn't have had a problem with it, but originally they thought he would be ready to go a couple of days ago.  And really, what is the big deal?  So we can get Adam Hasley back on the roster for a couple of days?  Meh.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Tomorrow might not happen either. There's a chance though. 

Back to back rainouts again would be a disaster.

15% chance of rain tomorrow, so not sure what you're looking at.

Edited by ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Back to back rainouts again would be a disaster.

15% chance of rain tomorrow, so not sure what you're looking at.

I saw 60% chance on the link that I quoted. Saturday is almost definitely not happening. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wouldn't have had a problem with it, but originally they thought he would be ready to go a couple of days ago.  And really, what is the big deal?  So we can get Adam Hasley back on the roster for a couple of days?  Meh.

The big deal is letting him heal without worrying day to day if he can play. It sucks, but it's best to be on the safe side with the injury he sustained. 

6 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

He hasn't played for a week, and now he isn't completely healthy if he does play tomorrow. Should have put him on the IL to get the roster spot and give him a full 10 days to get back to full strength 

I got ya, and you're not wrong. 

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

The big deal is letting him heal without worrying day to day if he can play. It sucks, but it's best to be on the safe side with the injury he sustained. 

He would still be working on on the IL.  There is no difference here.

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He would still be working on on the IL.  There is no difference here.

The difference is testing him out to play 4 days in a row. Let him rest and do maintenance work to get back. I'm sure if he thinks he may play everyday there is a different routine to get ready for the game. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

The difference is testing him out to play 4 days in a row. Let him rest and do maintenance work to get back. I'm sure if he thinks he may play everyday there is a different routine to get ready for the game. 

He still would have been testing it out to stay sharp and ready.  He was going to run around the OF and take BP either way.  The intensity would have been dictated by the injury, and in the cases so far, it has limited his activity.