Battle of the Sox's--Game Two, 3:10 CT

Just now, Capn12 said:

Doubt he is walking away from a guaranteed 10 mil. Speaking of which, it may be even more than that, if he finds a way to somehow be healthy, AND suck:

2023 option increases $1M each for 400, 450, 500, 550, 600 plate appearances in 2022

Ha, I don't see Pollock ever hitting 500 PAs. 

Just now, wegner said:

Who was the pitcher for Kansas City a few years back who walked away after signing a nice contract because he realized he was done?

Gil Meche I think. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Well, Eaton and Quentin were originally Dbacks and the only two NL guys who really succeeded in Chicago...why not another?

He's more like Alex Cintron right now.

Ick I had happily forgotten about Cintron.

"The Dodgers signed Pollock to a four-year, $55 million contract that included a player option for 2023. Pollock's deal also had an opt-out clause after the 2021 season, but he fell 11 plate appearances short of being able to exercise it. Over three seasons with the Dodgers, Pollock hit..."

11 PA's and we wouldn't have Pollock now.  Or he would be another team's problem in FA.  Dodgers got stuck with him but found a taker/sucker.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

"The Dodgers signed Pollock to a four-year, $55 million contract that included a player option for 2023. Pollock's deal also had an opt-out clause after the 2021 season, but he fell 11 plate appearances short of being able to exercise it. Over three seasons with the Dodgers, Pollock hit..."

11 PA's and we wouldn't have Pollock now.  Or he would be another team's problem in FA.  Dodgers got stuck with him but found a taker/sucker.

There's no way the Dodgers wanted him to opt out after the season he had in 2021. It's not like he's super expensive. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

There's no way the Dodgers wanted him to opt out after the season he had in 2021. It's not like he's super expensive. 

Yet he could cost the White Sox $15 million next season...

$11-13 million looks more likely right now.

• 2023 Option escalates $1M each for 
    400,450,500,550,600 Plate Appearances in 2022

1 minute ago, ShoeLessRob said:

This offense sucks so much I fell asleep twice in the first 4 innings.

This is almost more boring than Twins/A's except for Cease.

That said, Parkman's guy Duran threw a 97 mph forkball today.  That used to be the speed of a Contreras fastball.