Chicago vs Boston Game 3

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

In TLR’s mind, you need to have your best players rested for the playoffs, but you may not make the playoffs punting so many games  We are also paying millions to many of these guys to have them grabbing so bench on national TV.

Is there anything empirically that backs up that players receiving one day of rest a week somehow produce better than when they play every day? I don’t really understand where this notion came from. It’s not like back in the 90s you would see players completely gassed from playing 130 games.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

Good News: Keuchel is pitching to contact

Bad News: We have a 1B and a utility infielder out there patrolling the corner OF positions.

Every hot dog a banquet! Every fly ball an adventure! Baseball at it's finest.

43 minutes ago, gogosox1959 said:

It's on the NBC network; not just local Chicago.   I'm in NYC

I checked around. It might be channel 10-1 for me which my small antenna doesn't get. I'm listening to the radio feed which is fine

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Sheets is just completely lost if he's trying to beat outta bunt for a hit.

Just send him to Charlotte to play every day.

Completely agree. Can't try to force him back to hitting while in a pennant race. Once Moncada is back send him down.

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

Completely agree. Can't try to force him back to hitting while in a pennant race. Once Moncada is back send him down.

Mendick will go down tomorrow. Gotta imagine Sheets goes down when Vaughn returns