Huge lawsuit againts GTA

GASHWOUND

A couple of families are suing the makes of GTA 3 for $246 mill...ridicules, ain't it...have to find someone to blame...can't blame the people who actually committed the crimes..that would be stupid..

:rolleyes:

No kidding...

http://www.msnbc.com/news/983565.asp?0dm=C11QT

If those parents are looking to blame someone maybe they should look in the mirror. Crime and violence is caused, above all, by poor parenting. If the parents don't properly supervise their kids then they will fall prey to bad influences...PERIOD. I am really getting sick and tired of people blaming the entertainment industry for their own failings as parents.

First off the rating system is a good idea.  :P

I have both GTA 3 and VC, and they are so far from realistic. I love to play them, but ya cannot honestly say that you commited violence because in the game you can. Give me a break, I hope these people get countersued.

**TANGENT WARNING**

I've finished Vice City(loved it, greatest game ever), but I've never played GTA 3. Is it as good/better/not as good as VC? Is it at least worth buying?

YES buy it! In some ways it is better than Vice City, it actually had sloped roads, excellent jumps, and other great stuff.

There aren't motorcycles, and you can't jump out of a car unless it's completely stopped, and there are a few other handy things missing, but it's still a work of art. :cheers

Yeah I agree, overall I think GTA 3 is a better game. It was also out when nothing was like it. I loved them both. If GTA 3 had all the little things that made Vice City great, it would just be awsome. Both games are great and worth buying. I have beaten both the mission parts of each game.

I would love to see another GTA, but in current day. That would be so cool to see some of the stuff they could come up with.

Well, although you don't like them/find them necessary, you have no right to force your beliefs on anyone else. 

The responsibility for these crimes lies solely with the idiots that commit them, or, if they are young children, their idiot parents that aren't paying enough attention to what they're doing.  God am I sick of all these crybaby leeches that blame everyone else for everything.

If video games could be held responsible for people shooting things then.....

Re-runs of "Ellen" can be responsible for lesbianism?

Harry Potter books can be responsible if a kid drives a car off a cliff, hoping it would fly?

I think they should change the rating system they use on movies, t.v., cd's, etc from an age-based system to an idiocy-based system.  Everyone gets tested somehow, then given a card indicating their idiocy rating. Something like this:

"Hi, two tickets for The Matrix Reloaded please."

"May I see your idiocy rating card?"

"I'm sorry sir, your idiocy rating is a 3, you need a minimum rating of 6 to see this movie.  If we let you see this movie, chances are you're so f***ing stupid you might hurl yourself off a 25-story building, thinking you could land on the ground unharmed because some fictional guy named Morpheus did it.  Here's your card back, and a free rental coupon for a copy of Snow Dogs.  Thank You for not wasting my tax dollars and court time on frivolous lawsuits, and don't even think about coming back for the third Lord of the Rings picture.

:fyou false victims.

:lol: That's a great idea.. :cheers

I have both GTA 3 and VC, and they are so far from realistic. I love to play them, but ya cannot honestly say that you commited violence because in the game you can. Give me a break, I hope these people get countersued.

**TANGENT WARNING**

I've finished Vice City(loved it, greatest game ever), but I've never played GTA 3. Is it as good/better/not as good as VC? Is it at least worth buying?

YES buy it! In some ways it is better than Vice City, it actually had sloped roads, excellent jumps, and other great stuff.

There aren't motorcycles, and you can't jump out of a car unless it's completely stopped, and there are a few other handy things missing, but it's still a work of art. :cheers

Yeah I agree, overall I think GTA 3 is a better game. It was also out when nothing was like it. I loved them both. If GTA 3 had all the little things that made Vice City great, it would just be awsome. Both games are great and worth buying. I have beaten both the mission parts of each game.

I would love to see another GTA, but in current day. That would be so cool to see some of the stuff they could come up with.

I agree..I think GTA 3 is a better game..it had a better storyline and all..although Vice City has more flash and appeal, GTA 3 is still solid...

Holy Judas Priest Batman!

Lawsuits like these have already been thrown out of courts in the past so I would damn well hope that this one is too.

ROLF, Judas Priest. I know a baseball coach that would always say that when he'd get pissed off.

The guy was like 85 yrs old and was the first base coach for my highschool baseball team. He played for the Reds in like the 40's for part of a season.

I'd piss my pants everytime he'd say that to an ump :lolhitting

**TANGENT WARNING**

Yeah, get it...there's little things in Vice City that refers back to GTA 3...so you can look out for those

Yeah I read bout that in my local paper today, and frankly it's complete nonsense. Here's da link.

Game cops a $350m writ

I luv both GTA3 and Vice City and I think they're da best games to come out in the last 2 years. Can't wait for GTA San Andreas to come out next year as well. Any ideas on how they can make da game even betta?