Glad to see Dallas has pride

greg775

The whole “I have pride/I’m a competitor” thing is great for motivational posters and Nike commercials or whatever, but there’s a pretty fine line between that and being selfish. At what point are you putting yourself before the team?

• Like 1

<----- I have a proposal.
Pay the full salary and move Keuchel to the Rockies for a PTBNL. If they run his innings up, they get the option for next year. The Rockies have made some really boneheaded moves over the past few years and they just might go for it. Cy Young, pitching to contact, ground balls etc. What's not to like?
Keuchel probably has a few decent (3 runs-5 innings) starts left in him this year. But if those are only going to come every 4-5 starts you just can't eat a roster spot to keep him around.
And I was hopeful that he'd get back on track this year - show's you what I'm hopeful about.

Edited by FoxForce2

47 minutes ago, Tony said:

Come on, man. I give this organization heaps of shit, but he’s got the highest ERA in the majors. Basically, Dallas is a FA at the end of the year but the Sox have a choice if they want to keep him 1 more year. You really think they have any interest in running it back with him, especially at 20 mil?

That option was NEVER going to be picked up. 

I 100% agree with you logically and rationally.

It's my Sox-induced neurosis that is posting these thoughts right now. Until he's gone, I will always have this fear in the back of my mind.

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

Worried about numbers? Release him. He sucks 

Nobody is worried about his numbers like that.  They are saying that his time in the rotation is a numbers game, his numbers are the worst so he is out of the rotation

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

I understand the unlikeliness, but the fact that he's still in the rotation tells me his leash is super long. He can give up 6 runs across 6 innings each start the rest of the way while TLR give him time to "figure things out."

Is it likely? No. We've done dumber things though, and I guess I'm more scared of the depths of this organization's stupidity than of anything else.

I don't think so.

34 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nobody is worried about his numbers like that.  They are saying that his time in the rotation is a numbers game, his numbers are the worst so he is out of the rotation

Ahhh gotcha. Coming from Reinsdorf you can only assume dollars. My bad.

9 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Hopefully Dallas Keuchel will fill the role of Tanner Banks and it should happen tomorrow.

When he Sox are down by 4 he pitches to end the game, save the bullpen and move on .

Down by 4? What do you mean? Banks comes in when they’re down by 2 because games like that are unwinnable. You know, like how he was used last night.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Down by 4? What do you mean? Banks comes in when they’re down by 2 because games like that are unwinnable. You know, like how he was used last night.

I cannot believe I am actually somewhat going to defend TLR, but what were the other options last night?  The only realistic option to avoid Banks was to go to Foster for a 2nd inning, something he hasn't done in over a month.  I probably would have gone that direction, but Banks and Sousa were really the only other options. 

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I cannot believe I am actually somewhat going to defend TLR, but what were the other options last night?  The only realistic option to avoid Banks was to go to Foster for a 2nd inning, something he hasn't done in over a month.  I probably would have gone that direction, but Banks and Sousa were really the only other options. 

With how this season has gone, step 1 was to stretch Lopez out for 3-4 innings rather than using him as a 1 inning limit guy.

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I feel like if the Sox were closing the book on Dallas, we'd know by now. 

The likeliest way to do it to me seems to be to have his next start listed as TBD in a couple days when they lost preliminary pitchers then swap him and VV when that turn comes around.

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

The best option last night was to not have DK start to begin with.

1 hour ago, FoxForce2 said:

Pay the full salary and move Keuchel to the Rockies for a PTBNL. If they run his innings up, they get the option for next year. The Rockies have made some really boneheaded moves over the past few years and they just might go for it. Cy Young, pitching to contact, ground balls etc. What's not to like?
Keuchel probably has a few decent (3 runs-5 innings) starts left in him this year. But if those are only going to come every 4-5 starts you just can't eat a roster spot to keep him around.
And I was hopeful that he'd get back on track this year - show's you what I'm hopeful about.

Keuchel at Coors would be some absolute comedy 

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

With how this season has gone, step 1 was to stretch Lopez out for 3-4 innings rather than using him as a 1 inning limit guy.

Sure, but that doesn't help last night.  

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

The best option last night was to not have DK start to begin with.

No argument there.  I said he should have been used in mop up duty Tuesday instead of VV at the time, and certainly before yesterdays game.  But once you're in that spot, unfortunately Banks or Sousa were really the only options.  Which says something about the pen to be sure, but Banks was getting into the game yesterday regardless. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sure, but that doesn't help last night.  

No argument there.  I said he should have been used in mop up duty Tuesday instead of VV at the time, and certainly before yesterdays game.  But once you're in that spot, unfortunately Banks or Sousa were really the only options.  Which says something about the pen to be sure, but Banks was getting into the game yesterday regardless. 

Also could have called up Martin instead of Banks when Kelly went on the IL.

3 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Also could have called up Martin instead of Banks when Kelly went on the IL.

I don't think they'd call up Martin full-time unless they were ready to give him a rotation spot. He needs time down in AAA and he needs to start. Not pitch in the bullpen. The stuff is decent, but he still needs a lot of refinement in the minors. 

3 hours ago, DirtySox said:

Hmm.

I know Stone was on that show on May 16th and talked some about Keuchel so I guess I'll tune into the latest podcast and check it out.

Now that I listened to it the tweet is more like a promo for the show than anything. Mostly Stone said he thinks when Lynn comes back DK is the odd man out.  Later he said soon but soon means when Lynn comes back.

Yolbert mentioned only in passing by the hosts and Stone said I don't know and that the front office is always evaluating situations and ramifications. Stone didn't like the amount of times fielders have had near collisions and being out of position. Thinks they should be communicating more . Basic stuff.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxForce2 said:

You lost the front office at "pay the full salary".

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

The whole “I have pride/I’m a competitor” thing is great for motivational posters and Nike commercials or whatever, but there’s a pretty fine line between that and being selfish. At what point are you putting yourself before the team?

$18,000,000.00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1