5/19 Sox @ Royals | 1:10PM CT | Velasquez vs Hernandez

Capn12

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You are the one telling me you knew this was going to happen though.

I thought that the Sox might fail because the ALC was better, not the entire offense falling off a cliff. 

I thought they might struggle offensively more than most thought, but nobody could have seen the entire lineup other than Anderson flirting with Mendoza.

What is actually happening is over the top bad even more than my natural pessimism would allow.  The ALC still sucks outside of the Twins and the Sox are right there with them. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I thought that the Sox might fail because the ALC was better, not the entire offense falling off a cliff. 

I thought they might struggle offensively more than most thought, but nobody could have seen the entire lineup other than Anderson flirting with Mendoza.

What is actually happening is over the top bad even more than my natural pessimism would allow.  

So you expected a collapse, without actually expecting a collapse. 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So you expected a collapse, without actually expecting a collapse. 

I thought they were good, but not good enough. I actually thought that they'd win 87-88 games this year, and that it would be good enough to either win the division or finish 2nd by a game or two. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean sure, if the Sox truly collapse, trade anyone and everyone.  Personally I would rather see them fire the manager, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

If the Sox miss the playoffs this year and they bring back TLR at 78 yrs old they will lose a huge chunk of whatever fan base they have left. At that point they will just be a complete clown show of an organization. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I thought they were good, but not good enough. I actually thought that they'd win 87-88 games this year, and that it would be good enough to either win the division or finish 2nd by a game or two. 

Which is probably still a playoff team.