Red Sox vs White Sox Game Two-7:40 CT

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

His final AB vs Hll was as uncomfortable as I've seen any Sox hitter all season. Those swings are abysmal.

He got bailed out by the error but it was the most selfish at bat of the season. Didn’t make an effort at all to hit it to the right side.

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It wasn't the type of production people expected from him though, therefore he hasn't been any good

I rip on him occasionally when he goes through his slumps because I know he's better than this. 

A good kick in the arse. 

The shocking thing  is that Moncada has a walk% of 12+% over 2020-21 but this year it's below 4% so far, by far the lowest of his career. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He got bailed out by the error but it was the most selfish at bat of the season. Didn’t make an effort at all to hit it to the right side.

He looked like the guy in slow pitch softball who only has one swing path and can only pull the ball. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

Eh, I'm still happy with that performance by Bummer. He looked better than he had, Devers just flipped that thing out there

if he's throwing strikes, he's going to be effective. the last 2 nights have been very encouraging in that regard.

BTW if Moncada gets his shit together and puts up close to 3 WAR in 100 games or so(after he gets himself healthy) then his contract not a problem. 

If he sucks like this, then it's a problem. He does what he did in 2021 and his contract is fine. 

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

What is so great about Menechino? The guy isn’t a good hitting coach so fire him. Enough is enough!

I'll say that I think Menechino did a great job fixing Robert last year. Getting him to open his stance up fixed a lot of issues for him. But that doesn't excuse the results of the team offense so far this year. Even though the offense was good last year, they had a lot of issues get exposed in the postseason, where winning really occurs in the margins. 

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Bummer's command has looked so much better the last 2 nights. I think it makes sense that his knee was contributing to his inability to throw strikes.

Anyone else notice Bummer's velocity is down this year? He was in the high 90s before and is now sitting 94-95. 

Dude used to sit 96-97 and touch 99. 

Edited by Jack Parkman