5/28 - Cubs @ Sox

Heads22

Just now, fathom said:

Another freaking pop up for Sheets.  His swing path is horrible.

I remember last year how he got so many beautiful hits the other way on high pitches he stayed on top of. Haven’t seen that once this season. 

Just now, Heads22 said:

engel and burger can stay

excited to see TA press like he always does in this situation despite the fact they'll pitch around him

-500 on a ground ball to the left side of the infield here. 

• Like 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

TA turns into a completely different hitter in RISP situations. I don't get it. You'll almost never see him roll over something to lead-off a game or with no one on base.

Pitchers were pounding him inside last year for a while cause all he could do was hit grounders on inside pitches. Then he made a change against the Cubs that finally allowed him to hit the ball in the air on inside pitches.

Just now, chw42 said:

Pitchers were pounding him inside last year for a while cause all he could do was hit grounders on inside pitches. Then he made a change against the Cubs that finally allowed him to hit the ball in the air on inside pitches.

I remember that, too. From what I recall he struggled for like a week and then fixed whatever the issue was. I'm sure he'll do it again, the strange thing is if teams found a spot to attack him then why wouldn't they do it all of the time?

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

engel and burger can stay

excited to see TA press like he always does in this situation despite the fact they'll pitch around him

Tim needs to go opposite field more, keeps pulling the ball on the ground. Be more patient at the plate, look for a ball he can crush.