White Sox @ Blue Jays 6:07 PM: Kopech (1-1 1.29 ERA) vs Ryu (2-0 5.48 ERA)

Kyyle23

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I truly feel they need to trade one of their core members of this team in order to wake anyone up. They are all too comfortable with their spots 

It should be him in a heartbeat if anyone would want him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I truly feel they need to trade one of their core members of this team in order to wake anyone up. They are all too comfortable with their spots 

We have too many lazy overpaid players.  Aren’t all their salaries guaranteed while on the team?

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

It should be him in a heartbeat if anyone would want him. 

Is it possible Moncada has just lost it? 

Like whatever he had been doing to have success the last 3 years has been figured out by the opposition? 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I know a lot of people think Eloy is the guy they should trade, but I really would like to see what he could do with a new hitting coach/approach.  Yoan just seems to have lost a lot of his physical ability. 

I would not trade Eloy, I don’t believe we have been able to see enough ABs from him regularly to see a full picture from him. Moncada on the other hand just reminds me of someone who goes through the motions on a regular basis with more off the field priorities than on the field priorities at this point 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I know a lot of people think Eloy is the guy they should trade, but I really would like to see what he could do with a new hitting coach/approach.  Yoan just seems to have lost a lot of his physical ability. 

If that's the case then the Sox are stuck with him because nobody is taking $47M(2 yrs 43M with a 5M buyout of the option)  over 2 years without a contract at least as bad coming back. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I would not trade Eloy, I don’t believe we have been able to see enough ABs from him regularly to see a full picture from him. Moncada on the other hand just reminds me of someone who goes through the motions on a regular basis with more off the field priorities than on the field priorities at this point 

I don't believe this. I don't think he's not trying/doesn't care, I think he's just lost it. 

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

How is he going to get AB's when he keeps falling down, or my biggest fear is Eloy running full speed into Robert going for a ball in the gap and taking out Robert as well as himself.  He's a DH, end of story.

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't believe this. I don't think he's not trying/doesn't care, I think he's just lost it. 

He's always been a low key personality. Players just don't lose it at 26-27.

Answer: I have no clue.

However, if his legs are still bothering him it does make it difficult to drive the ball

Edited by ptatc

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I still think Yoan could be a gap to gap hitter, maybe not the MVP type of player we were thinking he would be but he could be a solid 15-20 HR. I don’t believe his talent has just fallen off the cliff. 

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

How is he going to get AB's when he keeps falling down, or my biggest fear is Eloy running full speed into Robert going for a ball in the gap and taking out Robert as well as himself.  He's a DH, end of story.

Exactly why I said I don’t understand how no one in the organization does not have the balls to tell him we are putting you at DH. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He's always been a low key personality. Players just don't lose it at 26-27.

Answer: I have no clue.

However, if his legs are still bothering him it does make it difficult to drive the ball

The ball doesn't come off his bat the same since 2020. Even when Moncada was struggling in 2017-18 the ball just exploded off his bat. 

• Like 1

It does go without saying that Yoan should be on the IL right now.  He looks feeble at the plate.  As I said once the oblique injury happened, he’s the last guy they should ever try to play when he’s not feeling great.

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Exactly why I said I don’t understand how no one in the organization does not have the balls to tell him we are putting you at DH. 

Because Andrew Vaughn is currently the worst fielder in baseball when he’s out there in LF. He is unplayable in a completely different way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Because Andrew Vaughn is currently the worst fielder in baseball when he’s out there in LF. He is unplayable in a completely different way.

Just because you don’t have the answer in LF doesn’t excuse that Eloy should be out there. That’s on the GM. I would rather run Vaughn out there in LF than Eloy. At least he isn’t falling into nets, hurting himself jumping into walls or running down the CF. Eloy is a DH, Vaughn is a 1B, neither are an answer for LF

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He’s looked fine out there recently. He had a rough couple weeks early but he’s been fine, and was last year too in a much larger sample.