White Sox @ Blue Jays 6:07 PM: Kopech (1-1 1.29 ERA) vs Ryu (2-0 5.48 ERA)

Kyyle23

21 minutes ago, fathom said:

I know a lot of people think Eloy is the guy they should trade, but I really would like to see what he could do with a new hitting coach/approach.  Yoan just seems to have lost a lot of his physical ability. 

I just don't understand Yoan. The guy is ripped. Maybe he would benefit from losing a little muscle mass. Lose some mass and gain a little flexibility in his lower body. Who the hell knows. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’s looked fine out there recently. He had a rough couple weeks early but he’s been fine, and was last year too in a much larger sample. 

The stats have continued piling up plays not made. You're just getting used to everything hit to the OF falling.

Sousa pitching to Vlad Jr in the 8th tonight reminded me of Keuchel pitching to Story a few days back.  Both had the predictable and feared outcome of two homers with men on.  We need better decisions of not letting dangerous hitters beat us, by having the right pitchers facing them in game situations.

AV isn’t good in the OF, but he’s not a risk to severely injure himself or others while in the field.  Eloy has proven to be.  Eloy is a DH and should never play LF again unless it’s an emergency.  It’s not even a question to me.  Eloy is a full time DH long before AV. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Sousa pitching to Vlad Jr in the 8th tonight reminded me of Keuchel pitching to Story a few days back.  Both had the predictable and feared outcome of two homers with men on.  We need better decisions of not letting dangerous hitters beat us, by having the right pitchers facing them in game situations.

The Sox bullpen (to me) has one reliable option. The closer. Graveman is not the answer at setup man. Bummer is just another guy. Sox bullpen blows IMO. I would assume most teams have bad bullpens as well. Lot of average arms out there.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

The Sox bullpen (to me) has one reliable option. The closer. Graveman is not the answer at setup man. Bummer is just another guy. Sox bullpen blows IMO. I would assume most teams have bad bullpens as well. Lot of average arms out there.

Would you support another rebuild if this team completely flops?

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Would you support another rebuild if this team completely flops?

Heck no. I despise tanking. There's a lot to be said that if you spend right (Sox don't) and you have a front office that knows what it's doing you don't need to tank. Sale did get hurt but a lot of people could have seen keeping him and seeing what happens. Ditto Quintana. Right now the Sox after the tank job are a team with a mediocre to bad pitching staff, horrific defense, bad speed on the basepaths and mediocre hitting. We do have (possible) superstars in Robert, Abreu, Eloy, Moncada, Grandal, Timmy, Cease, Kopech, Gio and our closer. If those who like tanking are satisfied cause of their presence, fine.

Edited by greg775

2 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

AV isn’t good in the OF, but he’s not a risk to severely injure himself or others while in the field.  Eloy has proven to be.  Eloy is a DH and should never play LF again unless it’s an emergency.  It’s not even a question to me.  Eloy is a full time DH long before AV. 

Unfortunately we have TLR as manager so Eloy will be straight back into LF and shortly after straight back on the IL.

That is an absolutely terrible look by Stone. IIRC he's had some Twitter dust ups prior to this. When guys like WSD and Jim and others turn on the (looking worse every game) rebuild and there's 10k at the park things will really hit the fan. If Stone can't resist taking potshots at Twitter nobodies how is he gonna take it when the blue checks come for him and the Sox? Not well.

Off field drama might be the only quality entertainment we see on the South Side this summer.

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Play with Harrison that almost cost game?

2 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Unfortunately we have TLR as manager so Eloy will be straight back into LF and shortly after straight back on the IL.

I don’t think we’d be seeing Pollock in LF if the plan was to reinsert Eloy there upon his return. 

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

That is an absolutely terrible look by Stone. IIRC he's had some Twitter dust ups prior to this. When guys like WSD and Jim and others turn on the (looking worse every game) rebuild and there's 10k at the park things will really hit the fan. If Stone can't resist taking potshots at Twitter nobodies how is he gonna take it when the blue checks come for him and the Sox? Not well.

Off field drama might be the only quality entertainment we see on the South Side this summer.

I'd guess he'll just end up deleting twitter or stop using it if the season goes south. He doesn't strike me as someone that can handle people in his mentions saying I told you so or that he was wrong.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

I know a lot of people think Eloy is the guy they should trade, but I really would like to see what he could do with a new hitting coach/approach.  Yoan just seems to have lost a lot of his physical ability. 

There will be other threads for us to argue about Yoan, but it's a miracle he was able to be a productive player last year given all of the physical ability he's lost. Right now it's obvious he's playing through different injuries and the team should have IL'd him right after the KC series.

8 hours ago, hankchifan said:

We have too many lazy overpaid players.  Aren’t all their salaries guaranteed while on the team?

It looks that way especially Moncada, I've never been a fan of his and he has taken the place of Claudell Washington as my most despised Sox player in my 70 years as a fan of the team. I will be extremely happy when somehow the Sox dump this piece of garbage on some other team.

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'd guess he'll just end up deleting twitter or stop using it if the season goes south. He doesn't strike me as someone that can handle people in his mentions saying I told you so or that he was wrong.

I do enjoy listening to him but yea he definitely thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. As this clown show progresses this Summer it will be entertaining to see Jason and him slowly go off the rails.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Mite said:

It looks that way especially Moncada, I've never been a fan of his and he has taken the place of Claudell Washington as my most despised Sox player in my 70 years as a fan of the team. I will be extremely happy when somehow the Sox dump this piece of garbage on some other team.

I have been saying for weeks that Moncada isn't a player who loves the game and is driven to be the best. He got the big contract and now is just going through the motions. He is always asking out of the line up with the slightest ache or pain. He is content to collect a check and not perform. That is unless he is dancing with a hottie in a music video. 

I have no idea what the Sox will do with him now that they owe him all that money.