GT 6/3: SOX @ TB, 6:10 PM CDT, NBCSC

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

You don’t see a sense of urgency with anyone in the dugout 

You'd think there would be a sense of urgency when key personnel have already exceeded the average life expectancy in the US. 

9 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

We went from Dave to Bernstein's disciples Connor and Rongey .  ?

Ranger drove me nuts.  McKnight like an enthusiastic yellow Lab puppy but at least he's peppy energetic and not bitter/jaded/cynical. Ranger was so condescending and impatient at times with Sox fans. Kind of like Stone recently.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

TLR has lost this team. He just sits in the dugout and looks like he doesn’t care. No energy whatsoever.

Just wait for the Metamucil to kick in. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Credit where credit is due.  Martin has pitched great from the second inning on.

He needs to remember wins are not a valid way to measure pitching. 

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Just wait for the Metamucil to kick in. 

"Metamucil offers psyllium fiber supplement solutions for Digestive Health, Cholesterol, Blood Sugar, and Appetite Control from the makers of Metamucil®."

All more exciting than Grandal.

He's like my grandmother's V8 juice back in the 1980s.

57 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It's not the most obvious thing, but Davis Martin is the exact type of pitcher who gets squeezed off the Rays 40 man roster but for the Sox he's the 1st pitcher up from AAA. The gap in organizational depth between the Sox and the best teams in baseball is so wide it's unreal.

No, Davis Martin is the exact type of pitcher that the Rays get everything out of while being an opener or 2-3 inning middle reliever 

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

TLR has lost this team. He just sits in the dugout and looks like he doesn’t care. No energy whatsoever.

He has to nap off the booze before babbling incoherently post game. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm starting to delude myself into thinking a change at manager might be possible if they get swept this weekend.

I hope you are right.  Maybe TLR sees the light, that he has been an embarrassment, and his performance is hurting his HOF legacy, and resign.  Girardi got fired today by the Phillies for similar issues.

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

No, Davis Martin is the exact type of pitcher that the Rays get everything out of while being an opener or 2-3 inning middle reliever 

I can't tell if he's just above or below the threshold for talent when the Rays use a guy in that role vs ship them away because they have a 40 man roster crunch every year