GT 6-4: Sox @ Rays (12:40pm)

9 minutes ago, almagest said:

Grandal can't play first.

This should be the last game ever that Grandal plays first base.  He opened the gates.  We neglected defense this game.  Engel will probably caught that triple as well.  Sox not piling runs after the 2 nd inning has hurt as well.

Just now, JoshPR said:

Hello Tony Wake up!!!!

Dumbass is sound asleep on the bench.  

Any sane manager could see Giolito was struggling in the 5th, so the smart move should have been to have someone up and ready to go if Giolito struggled in the 6th 

Whats our manager do....absolutely nothing.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

This should be the last game ever that Grandal plays first base.  He opened the gates.  We neglected defense this game.  Engel will probably caught that triple as well.  Sox not piling runs after the 2 nd inning has hurt as well.

Hard to pile up runs when you’re facing a shut down stopper like *checks notes* Ralph Garza Jr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Wills…”they’ve gotta get Giolito out of there!”

”Maybe it’s nap time?”

Rays getting outhit 13-8 but only down 1.  Bummer would come in for Kiermaier.

Grandal/Vaughn being in the wrong positions on the field comes back to inevitably hurt the Sox.

Just now, Balta1701 said:

“All right, they have a 6 run lead, I can actually go finish my shopping with a low pressure game!” 

“F***!”

This sums up everything I am feeling right now.

Gio wasn't losing arm speed with the increasing PC,  but he was losing control and movement. Pretty plain to see. And yeah, if the Sox could've thrown some glove out there it would have helped.

2 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Also, fuck Lucas.  I called out last week as a bad start for a good pitcher, but to get spotted a 6-0 lead and piss it away like this is inexcusable.

Most blame to TLR not taking him out sooner.  He was struggling, over 100 pitches. Aren’t  we supposed to have a deep reliever group,where we spent a lot of money on?   TLR has to go.  Keeps making the same mistakes of leaving pitchers in too long over and over,  you can’t count on at least two bad TLR decisions per game.  Hard to overcome.

• Like 3