GT 6-4: Sox @ Rays (12:40pm)

Where was our center fielder on that triple?  Vaughn must have run 50 yards and Robert never came into view. (I'm watching the Tampa feed).  He had to be dogging it.

I'll never forget years ago when Andru Jones was dogging 2 or 3 plays in center for the Braves, and Bobby Cox jerked him out of the game right in the middle of the half inning.

• Haha 1

Just now, oldsox said:

Where was our center fielder on that triple?  Vaughn must have run 50 yards and Robert never came into view. (I'm watching the Tampa feed).  He had to be dogging it.

I'll never forget years ago when Andru Jones was dogging 2 or 3 plays in center for the Braves, and Bobby Cox jerked him out of the game right in the middle of the half inning.

if you're blaming luis robert there, well, I don't know what to tell you.

Just now, oldsox said:

He has been positioned back at almost the warning track for every hitter.

1 minute ago, FoxForce2 said:

Gio wasn't losing arm speed with the increasing PC,  but he was losing control and movement. Pretty plain to see. And yeah, if the Sox could've thrown some glove out there it would have helped.

Grandal error opened the gate.  He should not have been playing at 1B in the first place and should not ever play 1B again for the Sox.

13 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Dumbass is sound asleep on the bench.  

Any sane manager could see Giolito was struggling in the 5th, so the smart move should have been to have someone up and ready to go if Giolito struggled in the 6th 

Whats our manager do....absolutely nothing.  

We have a deep reliever roster. Use them!  Giolito should have been pulled out earlier in the 6 th. Before a below the Mendoza line 9 th hitter gets a 2 run homer. TLR needs to go.  Any other manager in MLB with all his blunders would have been fired by now.